Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to The Beer

Premium Member

to The Beer

Re: Come on BUY USCC

said by The Beer:

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY SOMEONE BUY US CELLULAR!

THIS IS A NO BRAINER... MORE HIGH $$$ CUSTOMERS!

Agreed. US Cellular has a build out in certain rural areas that Sprint lacks considerably.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

USCC also has 700MHz spectrum, which Sprint doesn't want/need (they have SMR) and a bunch of LTE phones tht don't support Sprint's own LTE network. And the owners probably want too much money for the company.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

USCC is debt free I believe...? Despite the most recent declines, the company has been run pretty well. No reason to sell.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to iansltx

to iansltx
said by iansltx:

USCC also has 700MHz spectrum, which Sprint doesn't want/need (they have SMR) and a bunch of LTE phones tht don't support Sprint's own LTE network.

So even if the USCC is bought it will take a year to get approved and a few more to totally integrate the service. So the lack of "non supported" phones will be moot by the time USCC is full integrated anyways. Is it cheaper for Sprint to buy USCC or build out in rural areas because that's what they need to do to grow. They aren't growing just staying in the big cities. Only so many at&t and Verizon customers they can poach with their unlimited data scheme.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Honestly, I don't think Sprint has the cash to do either one. USCC would be an expensive company and expanding into the rural area where you have little to no existing footprint would also be expensive.