Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
reply to Dampier

Re: [TWC] Virtually All TWC Customers Face $3.95 Modem Rental Fe

Its somewhat of interest to me. Thinking of moving to dish or direct tv. Have no clue as to what TW charges for stand alone internet or it they allow it for that matter. Used to require basic cable tv setup.

Guess I will wait.

ShowMeISP

join:2001-03-15
Kansas City, MO
said by dcurrey:

Have no clue as to what TW charges for stand alone internet or it they allow it for that matter.

In most markets, you "save" $10 by having it with tv, drop that and your internet side should jump $10.. Thats assuming you don't have some kind of "bundled" pricing to start with. In that case, you lose the bundle pricing, then add $10.

mathfaster

join:2005-09-23
Upland, CA
reply to dcurrey
said by dcurrey:

Its somewhat of interest to me. Thinking of moving to dish or direct tv. Have no clue as to what TW charges for stand alone internet or it they allow it for that matter. Used to require basic cable tv setup.

Guess I will wait.

Have standalone internet in SoCal with TWC via EL as I have Dish and ViaTalk. Currently paying $30 for 6 month promo with EL. Used to have TWC and paid $30 for 6 months as part of promo (now $32.50 with modem fee). That is for standard. If you Google TWC internet you should be able to find out the rates for your area via one of their links.

shawnunder7

join:2011-10-08
reply to dcurrey
RR Standard is $29.99. Cancelled my TV, and got Directv. My phone and internet comes out to 69.99 a month.

TWCBait

@rr.com
Does it work fast and fine during bad weather?