Tom0
Premium Member
join:2000-09-10
Chicago, IL

Tom0 to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

Instructions are gone for me as well, although the new addresses are still working. Wonder if they've restored the primary servers.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Support your local SIP provider, down with the attackers.

Yeah, this has been a big PITA. No doubt.

But:

Who are the bad guys that did this?

International enemies?
Sophisticated criminals and extortionists?
Ruthless hackers (or as Mazilo would say, crackers)?
Foolish rivals (God forbid, and doubtful)....

I keep backup providers, especially for my business.

But I will NOT switch away from CallCentric, for two main reasons:

1) It could as easily happen to someone else the next time. CC has been one of the [most] security conscious providers, after all.

2) I [refuse] to give in to cyberterrorists, crooks, crackers, anyone else.

Down with the attackers, don't let them win!

px
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35 to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR

where were they listed in the first place, I never saw anything?

Sly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Tennessee

Sly to DanWI

Premium Member

to DanWI
If you logon it will be on your dashboard page.

[edit] never mind... they took it down. Maybe they are working on something else.

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

I AM logged into the dashboard and I don't see it here.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
DDOS are nothing new. This has happened to us for years, but usually very quickly mitigated. I doubt quadrupling your hardware is the way to mitigate that, but I wish we were able to do that in such a short amount of time.

DDOS is unfortunately still the easiest way to bring a service down and can be done easily. Even companies such as Google and Yahoo have been affected.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
My ATA re-registered within the last minute...
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
I have a client with a CallCentric account configured on an Obi202. She called yesterday to complain that the dial tone was continuing to sound throughout dialing and that calls would not connect. Incoming calls would not ring either. I logged into both her Obitalk account as well as the CC dashboard and these symptoms were occurring even while CC and Obi web panels both showed REGISTERED status.

Registered or not, could these symptoms be related to the DDOS attack? Or do they signify a problem at the premises with the Obi/phones/wiring?

DanWI
@epic.com

DanWI to scott2020

Anon

to scott2020
Seeing as my server still can't register.. I'm guessing it didn't work... man who did they piss off enough to launch this DDoS attack like this..

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704

Re: Support your local SIP provider, down with the attackers.

said by PX Eliezer704:

Who are the bad guys that did this?

Who are the mobsters?
said by PX Eliezer704:

International enemies?
Sophisticated criminals and extortionists?

National or international criminals wanting to make easy money?
said by PX Eliezer704:

Down with the attackers, don't let them win!

To prevent other kind of terrorists liquids over a certain amount are not allowed on airplanes. You have to take off your shoes and so on.

They try to make it more difficult for terrorists to use their preferred tools.

But with cyber terrorists nothing is done to remove their tools.

Tools = unsecured Windows computers.

royrogers
@rr.com

royrogers to Sly

Anon

to Sly

I think once your device successfully connects to the server, the message no longer appears for you.

I suspect that is the case, at least, as the new address is still working for me.

Some people were experiencing connects/disconnects, so maybe they never got to see the message with the addresses.

Also, CC said not everyone was experiencing the problem, so maybe they think they displayed the information for everyone that was having the issue, but missed a few?

Just guessing.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to MartinM

to MartinM
said by MartinM:

DDOS are nothing new. This has happened to us for years, but usually very quickly mitigated. I doubt quadrupling your hardware is the way to mitigate that, but I wish we were able to do that in such a short amount of time.

DDOS is unfortunately still the easiest way to bring a service down and can be done easily. Even companies such as Google and Yahoo have been affected.

yes but it is harder and harder to filter the newer DDOS out upsteam. So maybe they are still doing other stuff they do not want the bad guys knowing what they are doing. Tell the bad guys your whole strategy and well? So this says enough to keep the general user happy and not give away anything critical they also may be trying to do in the background.

Richie12
join:1999-08-26
Tinley Park, IL

Richie12 to royrogers

to royrogers
My device never successfully connected and I still haven't seen the message on what to change.
bigpapae35
New York, NY

bigpapae35 to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
even with the new address, i am getting a decent amount of packet loss.
asiaip
join:2012-10-05
Clarkston, WA

asiaip to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Arne Bolen:

Can you provide more detail on SIP URI forwarding? My quintum has a fixed IP so I assume it has a SIP URI and I should be able to do this forwarding as well. Previously I was forwarding my primary CC acct to a newly created CC acct and registering the gateway with this newly created CC acct and this was working until just recently when the newly created acct is also having the same problems. I also tried forwarding all calls to a voip.ms DID but this does not work as forwarded calls to pstn also seem to be affected.

quantux84
@rr.com

quantux84 to royrogers

Anon

to royrogers
I changed my domain and outbound proxy per the 5 minutes quickfix CallCentric posted on my dashboard... It connects successfully now and doesn't drop registration like it has been doing since 8pm last night (Eastern) However no outbound calls,.. only inbound
quantux84

quantux84 to Richie12

Anon

to Richie12
the change was from callcentric.com to sip.callcentric.com for sip server and outbound proxy

royrogers
@rr.com

royrogers to bigpapae35

Anon

to bigpapae35
In which direction are you experiencing the loss, up (to CC) or down (from CC)?
royrogers

royrogers to bigpapae35

Anon

to bigpapae35
Well, it seemed to work for me for a little while. Now I'm not registered again.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to asiaip

Premium Member

to asiaip
said by asiaip:

Can you provide more detail on SIP URI forwarding? My quintum has a fixed IP so I assume it has a SIP URI and I should be able to do this forwarding as well.

Go to »my.callcentric.com/pref_ ··· ward.php and click on Edit at your phone number.

Depending on your router it might work with xxx@your_public_ip_address:5060

xxx could be a username on your system.

But this will of course only work if your router allows inbound traffic and that would normally be a bad idea.

I just use SIP URI forwarding to my PBXes. SIP URI forwarding to VoIP.ms or most other providers would also work.
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to quantux84

to quantux84
said by quantux84 :

I changed my domain and outbound proxy per the 5 minutes quickfix CallCentric posted on my dashboard... It connects successfully now and doesn't drop registration like it has been doing since 8pm last night (Eastern) However no outbound calls,.. only inbound

I have an OBI and not all settings needed to be the new ones. USER agent domain is still callcentric.com when I had it set to the new one I had no outbound error 500 . Inbound was and is fine. Reverting that to callcentric.com worked for me. YMMV
bigpapae35
New York, NY

bigpapae35 to royrogers

to royrogers
said by royrogers :

In which direction are you experiencing the loss, up (to CC) or down (from CC)?

packet loss is down from cc
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

2 edits

nonymous (banned) to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
Have an OBi and my registration was always like 59 down to 0 then repeat. Now like somewhere in 80's down to somewhere in 40's cutoff and repeat.
Rebooted OBI same behavior just different registration numbers.
bogtrotter
join:2012-05-20
Flint, MI

bogtrotter to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
So if you are running a small business, a ddos of your main provider is not much of a problem for calling out, since you can easily switch to one or another of your backup vosps. Or is it?

The tricky part is if you have a DID with the targetted vosp. The number is the way your customers get hold of you. Without it, you have a problem.

Is there a market for a plethora of small but reliable DID providers, so that none of them is big enough to get the attention of the bad guys, and if you have a DID with one of them, it is likely to keep working?
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned)

If I had wanted to or needed to I could have forwarded the callcentric number to another provider.

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

Unofficial Report......

CC is still Jacked for all the ATA's that need to connect to it....

Not so bad news... They aren't F-ed up to the point that you can't re-route your DID's to another system for now.
dstke
join:2010-02-10
San Francisco, CA

dstke to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
Tried forwarding to my cellphone which worked but it did not roll over to callcentric voicemail (voicemail is disabled on my phone - by choice)
nonymous (banned)
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
said by VexorgTR:

Unofficial Report......

CC is still Jacked for all the ATA's that need to connect to it....

Not so bad news... They aren't F-ed up to the point that you can't re-route your DID's to another system for now.

How so. Like said my OBI is exhibiting odd behavior. Wonder if the new addresses are getting hit also now?
dstke
join:2010-02-10
San Francisco, CA

dstke to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
Any suggestions for a quick, inexpensive, and easy to set-up backup VOIP provider?

scow
@optonline.net

scow to VexorgTR

Anon

to VexorgTR
3:09 Eastern tme now. still can't connect to CC's server,SPA2102 and iphone both are failed....Gues, WHo will be next victim of Ddos attack? Chase and BofA were and now CC...WTF!!!!