PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

AFAIK, Call Treatments (including Call Forwarding) were always working.

I'm forwarding inbound calls to backups like CWU, but I am using the "Hunting" method to do it:

a) Forward to CWU for 20 seconds.
b) If not answered by then, call goes back to CallCentric's own voicemail (which works fine).

quantux84
@rr.com

quantux84 to nonymous

Anon

to nonymous
Yes you are correct.. I reverted to the following, (using 3cx)
sip server (domain) = callcentric.com
outbound proxy = sip.callcentric.com

Inbound + Outbound good !!! Wonder if i should leave like this now?
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to dstke

Premium Member

to dstke
said by dstke:

Any suggestions for a quick, inexpensive, and easy to set-up backup VOIP provider?

CallWithUs (CWU)

And you can SIP forward free of charge from CC:

Syntax: Forward to 123456789@callwithus.com where [123456789] is the 9 digit CallWithUs username, NOT the 10-digit CallWithUs account number.
dutchtender
join:2010-11-21
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
hello if I have a free CC DID and I sip forward to INUM on voip..ms, will the call be free on the voip.ms system? in other words can I route my inbound free calls from CC to voip.ms inum and have free inbound there? thanks.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to dstke

Premium Member

to dstke
said by dstke:

Tried forwarding to my cellphone which worked but it did not roll over to callcentric voicemail (voicemail is disabled on my phone - by choice)

Use CC CallTreatment by the [Hunting] method:

a) Forward to (your cellphone in this case) for 20 seconds.
b) If not answered by then, direct the call back to CallCentric's own voicemail (which works fine).
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan to nonymous

to nonymous
said by nonymous:

said by engineerdan:

said by nonymous:

Not the size of say a Google or Amazon. Plus not in the range even of a large bank.

Ummm...

I'm not so sure about that. You might be amazed!

If this had anything to do with Callcentric running short of bandwidth, their call forwarding (which is working just fine, thank-you-very-much) would be having troubles.

Call forwarding? Wouldn't incoming calls from anyone not on Callcentrics own network come in on a separate dedicated pipe? They also have SS7 and other connections. The other connections wouldn't have easily accessible information to attack using DDOS plus some would be dedicated and not public anyways.

Sorry, I was unclear.

We have been successfully forwarding incoming, Callcentric DID calls to SIP URIs on our PBX all day without issue.

Regardless of how these calls might arrive at Callcentric, the forwarding leg from lower Manhattan to my SIP URI leaves their facility by way of this "pipe" to the public Internet. If that pipe was congested, we would be experiencing packet loss, audio dropouts and jitter. But we're not.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to dutchtender

Premium Member

to dutchtender
said by dutchtender:

hello if I have a free CC DID and I sip forward to INUM on voip..ms, will the call be free on the voip.ms system? in other words can I route my inbound free calls from CC to voip.ms inum and have free inbound there? thanks.

Should be free from both companies.

Voip.MS specifies that their iNum numbers are for residential use only, up to 2 calls at a time, and max 3000 (?) minutes a month.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to engineerdan

to engineerdan
said by engineerdan:

Sorry, I was unclear.

We have been successfully forwarding incoming, Callcentric DID calls to SIP URIs on our PBX all day without issue.

Regardless of how these calls might arrive at Callcentric, the forwarding leg from lower Manhattan to my SIP URI leaves their facility by way of this "pipe" to the public Internet. If that pipe was congested, we would be experiencing packet loss, audio dropouts and jitter. But we're not.

I think you answered your own question. DDOS would affect the incoming not the outgoing. Plus outgoing would be more under Callcentrics control anyways.
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ

said by nonymous:

said by engineerdan:

Sorry, I was unclear.

I think you answered your own question. DDOS would affect the incoming not the outgoing. Plus outgoing would be more under Callcentrics control anyways.

But wouldn't you get one way audio since your packets aren't able to get into the network because of the ddos?
dstke
join:2010-02-10
San Francisco, CA

dstke to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
Thanks for the suggestion however it didn't work. I set it up as you described (Hunting, phone number, 20 seconds, voicemail), but it just continued to ring.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
said by OmagicQ:

But wouldn't you get one way audio since your packets aren't able to get into the network because of the ddos?

Calls from the PSTN travel by other paths and are not affected by the DDoS attack.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to OmagicQ

to OmagicQ
Do the forwarded calls come and go from the same IP / port for sip url forwarding?
bigjoesmith
join:2000-11-21
Peoria, IL

bigjoesmith to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
I've switched to the new server addresses, and my phone now registers with callcentric, but I am not able to make outgoing calls. Any outgoing call results in a busy signal or an automated voice response from callcentric that says

"Welcome to callcentric. The number you have dialed is not reachable from your call area."

Incoming calls work fine.
dstke
join:2010-02-10
San Francisco, CA

dstke to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
Submitted a trouble ticket and received response within 15 minutes with instructions on revised proxy settings. Phone is now registered.

Thanks for the Call Treatment and alternative provider suggestions.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to bigjoesmith

Premium Member

to bigjoesmith
said by bigjoesmith:

I've switched to the new server addresses, and my phone now registers with callcentric, but I am not able to make outgoing calls.

I suggest you use the Click 2 Dial »my.callcentric.com/click ··· dial.php feature until the attack is over. Click 2 Dial works without any problems.
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan to nonymous

to nonymous
said by nonymous:

It doesn't matter what direction a call is placed. Whether incoming or outgoing, audio traffic needs to pass in both directions with dialog (talking and listening). Thus, if the "pipe" was congested in either direction, at least half of the audio path would be compromised.

But there are people here without service and this is a silly, academic argument. Let's just agree to disagree.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by engineerdan:

It doesn't matter what direction a call is placed. Whether incoming or outgoing, audio traffic needs to pass in both directions with dialog (talking and listening). Thus, if the "pipe" was congested in either direction, at least half of the audio path would be compromised.

Yes, but Callcentric does not use one single pipe.
bigjoesmith
Peoria, IL

bigjoesmith to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Yes, click 2 dial is working. (That's expected since it is a call-back service.)
Thanks.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by bigjoesmith:

Yes, click 2 dial is working. (That's expected since it is a call-back service.)
Thanks.

You're welcome.

It might not be as convenient as dialing directly, but I think it can be used until the hurricane has passed.
bigjoesmith
Peoria, IL

bigjoesmith to engineerdan

to engineerdan
said by engineerdan:

said by nonymous:

But there are people here without service and this is a silly, academic argument. Let's just agree to disagree.

Yes, but callcentric's pipe is (in most instances) only involved in call setup/teardown. The audio traffic passes directly from source to destination and does not travel through callcentric.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

1 recommendation

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by bigjoesmith:

Yes, but callcentric's pipe is (in most instances) only involved in call setup/teardown. The audio traffic passes directly from source to destination and does not travel through callcentric.

No, this is not the case with Callcentric. All audio is proxied, thus passing through their system.

You probably think of CallWithUs where the audio in many cases passes directly from the carrier to the customer.
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

OmagicQ to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
Hopefully some will not need to run a rube-goldberg-voip-setup for long. I noticed Iscream hasn't posted yet, which is fine by me. He's got better things to do at the moment than post here.

Edit: spoke too soon... Hopefully you and your team can get a handle on the situation. Look forward to hearing all about it but we'll be fine here until then.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
For me new registration server works (software client can register) but outgoing calls are not coming through.

Sly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Tennessee

Sly to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR
Just got off a 20 minute call and everything sounded perfect. Running through the modified proxy they posted on their site...
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
Contact support, they might have alternatives for you to try. The first few attempts didn't work for me either.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

said by OmagicQ:

Contact support, they might have alternatives for you to try. The first few attempts didn't work for me either.

CC is my backup provider. I'll just wait until it all settles down.

CCUser
@simple-reliable.com

CCUser to JoeSchmoe007

Anon

to JoeSchmoe007
Which new registration server are you using?
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

1 edit

borntochill to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR
If using a CC call treatment to forward (while in non-registered status) to an iNUM at another provider, what is the format for the iNum? Is it simply 883NNNNNNNNNNNN? Or does that need to be prefixed?

-------------------

Update: 011883NNNNNNNNNNNN does the trick.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to CCUser

Premium Member

to CCUser
said by CCUser :

Which new registration server are you using?

sip.callcentric.com

Bamboo
@sbcglobal.net

Bamboo to CCUser

Anon

to CCUser
I can make calls but when I first pick up the phone I hear busy signal but then it smooths out to normal. Any ideas?