kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·callwithus
reply to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

Investigation into current problems:
We are aware of an issue affecting some customers which can cause intermittent problems with inbound/outbound calls and/or SIP Registrations to drop. Our top-tiered engineers have been deployed and they are performing a thorough investigation with a goal of achieving a comprehensive resolution in as timely a fashion as possible.

Please keep in mind, only some customers are affected and this is an intermittent issue which should not result in a service outage or an extended disruption of service.

A review of our reports and monitoring systems shows that our Internet Connections, PSTN Connections, and Carrier Level connections are all currently up and running; additionally we do not see any hardware/software failures on our internal systems.

Apologies for any potential inconvenience; we are fully committed to resolving this matter as soon as possible. If your account is affected, please click here to open a Trouble Ticket.

We will be posting further updates both within the My Callcentric Portal and on our Twitter Page (»twitter.com/Callcentric)

Davefred99

join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 recommendation

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up source for incoming and out going trunks or program a few multi-line Ip phones with a back up provider. I know I have 3 different accounts with alternate DID's from each. With PayGo accounts it costs almost nothing to have a back up plan until you use them.
Just thinking out loud. I am just a small time Voip user and have not idea what it might be like in a larger setting.

Richie

join:1999-08-26
Tinley Park, IL
reply to VexorgTR

I just put in ticket with Callcentric as this issue definitely hasn't been intermittent for me. Frequent registration failures and outbound calls when they do go through are so garbled that they are unusable. I switched outbound calling to callwithus and have inbound going to my cellphone until this gets resolved.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·callwithus
reply to Davefred99

This is the first time in a long time that CC has had a biff.

For a corporate Sip system, I'd prefer a more grand carrier, but for most small biz and home, CC is a top choice. I'm confident it will be resolved soon.. It's been a LONG outage though... so strange.

I hope I can sleep..... by tomorrow I'm going to get the riot act from some businesses...... I'd say my phone would be ringing off the hook... but... It WON'T be... unless I transfer my calls to my mobile.

I'm not that worried about it for me, but I sure am worried for them.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Davefred99

said by Davefred99:

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up....

Always good to have backup.

Although I very rarely have any issues with CC, I keep backup account with CWU for outbound calls.

For inbound, call forwarding is working normally, so one could forward to a cellphone, or to a CWU account, etc.

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to Davefred99

said by Davefred99:

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up source for incoming and out going trunks or program a few multi-line Ip phones with a back up provider. ...

Incoming is often an issue.

It's not always possible to remidiate an inbound DID when you receive multiple calls from slients simultaneously.

Failovers often don't handle 10 or 20 inbound calls at the same time.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Richie

said by Richie:

I just put in ticket with Callcentric as this issue definitely hasn't been intermittent for me.

I've had issues from this too, as noted.

I received a reply a few minutes ago they are still in their facility working on this. I'm sure they will work all night if need be.

As well, I'm sure that we'll be getting more details on the cause, after it is resolved.

dutchtender

join:2010-11-21
New York, NY
reply to VexorgTR

my yealink fails to register today. And this has happened before today with CC. voip.ms has been rock solid.

rblizz

join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

Callcentric is more stable than a landline. IIRC it's more than two years since the last outage.

I like Callcentric ... a lot. But better than a landline? I don't think so. Fortunately I don't have a business and we've got cellphones for backup. If I had a business, my main line would be a landline. If the business was big enough, I'd probably have a couple extra incoming POTS rollover lines.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by rblizz:

said by Arne Bolen:

Callcentric is more stable than a landline. IIRC it's more than two years since the last outage.

I like Callcentric ... a lot. But better than a landline? I don't think so. Fortunately I don't have a business and we've got cellphones for backup. If I had a business, my main line would be a landline. If the business was big enough, I'd probably have a couple extra incoming POTS rollover lines.

I've had the opposite experience, VoIP (specifically CallCentric) has been better for me than landlines. You and I had this discussion before:
»Re: Limitation of VoIP

The thing is both AT&T and Verizon have made clear that they want POTS copper landlines to be dead, literally dead, their top executives have publicly said so.

Davefred99

join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Anveo

When I converted to Verizon Fios they cut and removed the copper to my home. They told me once I was on Fios digital I could not go back as this is there preferred delivery system now.
I used there Digital Fios Phone for a year and dropped it for my own Voip setup.
My point is I have no available copper options now.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

Verizon is quite deliberate in their actions.

They need not maintain the copper anymore, and bring in lots of money selling it for scrap.

To Verizon these days:

a) Wireless is really good sex.

b) FiOS is average sex.

c) DSL is a quick goodnight kiss on the first date.

d) POTS is like kissing your sister or brother.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to Davefred99

said by Davefred99:

When I converted to Verizon Fios they cut and removed the copper to my home. They told me once I was on Fios digital I could not go back as this is there preferred delivery system now.

I hope that your part of California is not sold off (dumped) by Verizon as they already dumped so much on Frontier and Fairpoint.

Frontier has been trying harsh methods to eliminate the FiOS subscribers in areas they purchased from Verizon.

The US government should never have let the phone companies re-congeal after the 1984 Bell System breakup.

Of seven regional Bells, four became the reborn AT&T (including many other assets like SNET and Long Lines) and two became Verizon (including many other assets like GTE and MCI).

The reborn AT&T/Verizon duopoly is like that black slime that killed Tasha Yar.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
reply to A_VoIPer

Same here. It is 0533 Eastern and my PBX registrations are failing. Pages of them in my logs.

Hope this gets resolved soon.

steve1111

join:2009-09-23
New York, NY
reply to VexorgTR

6.30am Eastern and not yet resolved.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

said by JoeSchmoe007:

incoming do not ring the phone

If you have a SIP URI with another provider you could forward »my.callcentric.com/pref_callforward.php Callcentric incoming calls to that SIP URI and you will not miss any incoming calls.

Out of 21 incoming Callcentric calls the last two hours none has failed for me.

Yep, just did an update on my PBX. My CC numbers are now SIP forwarded to my VoIP.MS numbers, had to change the outbound routes on my PBX to use VoIP.MS and alter the outbound caller ids. Inbound routes also had to be updated.

It's the first time I've had to use my disaster recovery plan. I hope this gets cleared soon. I know many who don't have this luxury.

Sigh.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by Trimline:

Yep, just did an update on my PBX. My CC numbers are now SIP forwarded to my VoIP.MS numbers,
I know many who don't have this luxury.

Many people have more than one provider and they can do a SIP forward, provided they know how to do it.

Even if the issues this time are lasting 24 hours, Callcentric will still have an uptime of 99,9%. I think that's an impressive uptime.

Yes, I know it's frustrating with issues like this. But think of the 99,9% of the time it's working.
--
My VoIP News

engineerdan

join:2006-12-07
Manassas, VA

1 edit
reply to steve1111

said by steve1111:

6.30am Eastern and not yet resolved.

I think it's important to underline the point that Arne made earlier: During this event, at least for incoming calls, it is possible to configure DIDs to forward elsewhere. This can be a cell phone, a POTS line, or a SIP URI. This is configured by going to the Preferences tab and selecting DID Forwarding. Just enter the phone number as you would dial it through Callcentric (with a leading 1 for North America destinations).

(Edited to add: Calls forwarded to cell and POTS will likely be charged at Callcentric's standard rates.)

I configured most of our DIDs to forward to SIP URIs on our PBX. This seems to be working quite well at this time.

At this hour, my hope is that the Callcentric technical crew has identified the problem, ordered any necessary replacement parts, and managed to get a few hours of sleep.

rblizz

North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

The thing is both AT&T and Verizon have made clear that they want POTS copper landlines to be dead, literally dead, their top executives have publicly said so.

Which is really beside the point. The only time I've seen landlines down for an extended period of time is when the lines were physically down or cut. With VoIP, as is with the case of CallCentric now, all routes can be physically up but you still have no dialtone because of issues (corruption?) in the network's programming -- or whatever the case is here. There are many more ways a VoIP system can fail than can a POTS line.

rblizz

North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to Davefred99

said by Davefred99:

My point is I have no available copper options now.

They didn't cut my copper line, but a tree branch broke in a storm and snapped mine. I haven't bothered to tell them because I don't use it.

rblizz

North Richland Hills, TX
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to Arne Bolen

said by Arne Bolen:

Yes, I know it's frustrating with issues like this. But think of the 99,9% of the time it's working.

If I was in business I would still consider a landline or (at least) more than one VoIP carrier. A 24 hour outage is a major event, even if that only equals .01% down time over the long run.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Cyberspace
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

said by rblizz:

If I was in business I would still consider a landline or (at least) more than one VoIP carrier.

It's always good to have backup solutions. Smaller businesses probably could do with cellphones as a backup.

said by rblizz:

A 24 hour outage is a major event, even if that only equals .01% down time over the long run.

I don't think the outage will last as long as 24 hours. Also, it's only a partial outage affecting registrations of devices.

Inbound calls are working if you divert to another phone or SIP address. I just tested an incoming call and it worked without any problems.

Outbound calls also work if you use the Click 2 Dial feature.
--
My VoIP News

bigpapae35

join:2002-10-25
united state
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS
·Verizon Online DSL
·VoicePulse

2 edits
reply to VexorgTR

I have a small business, the way I set up my system is that u have 1 pots number that takes in all the calls, and I forward when that line is busy to callcentric for three channels, and if those channels are busy or are down it forwards to the second pots line I have. That way when I have issues with a voip carrier I can just swap them out and not notice any difference.

I really like callcentric, just funny to me that I just switched from voicepulse cause of intermittent call issues. I will just forward my calls to a backup for now but I hope this is not a start of a rocky relationship.

If they get this fixed by Monday I will stick around.

wcweaver
Premium
join:2002-02-22
Fort Myers, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to VexorgTR

This is the third time in the past week that I have "Registration Failed" on my inbound Callcentric line. All other providers are registered. I am and have been expecting very important phone calls from my doctors but both yesterday and today. A Black Eye for Callcentric.

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to VexorgTR

Down for me. Just got in the office. Needed to make a phone call. Pick up my phone, dead air. Check my PAP2, line 2 offline.

I wasn't in my office most of yesterday so I wouldn't know if there were problems.

edit: even more strange, my LEC POTS line is also having problems. Can't dial local numbers (error please make sure you are dialing the 7 digit phone number).

wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to VexorgTR

Just checked my Obi account and it has CC registration listed as failed.

I have a Google Voice account on the other SP.

Does this mean that I cannot make a 911 call?

I know I can use a cell phone for calling 911, but the main reason for getting a CC account was in order to make 911 calls.

Thanks.

scow

@optonline.net
reply to VexorgTR

now is 08:34 AM , CC isn't update her twitter.damn!

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Arne Bolen

I just checked and I am currently offline in my ATA's status screen, and unregistered in the CallCentric portal.

This is worse than yesTURDay.

Fortunately I'm not a business, and do have other VoIP and a cell.

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
reply to VexorgTR

»twitter.com/Callcentric/status/2···42083585

bigpapae35

join:2002-10-25
united state

" As of now services are operable and we are still diagnosing the cause of the problem. We will be informing all clients on changes to be made 8:59am - 5 Oct 12"

What does that mean, it's fixed or they are still working on it.?