pflog to dellsweig

MVM

to dellsweig

Re: [rant] Dont they get it - its not just the hardware

said by dellsweig:

said by Mike:

Android based hardware is better.

I really hope you are being sarcastic

lets see - 1 year old Sammy, paid $200, worth $50. 2 Year old IPhone - paid $200, just received $200

BTW: I agree with you on the $5 plasma weapon

That's called supply and demand. It has nothing to do with quality of the hardware. Specs wise, there are quite a few Android phones with superior CPU/memory/screen/etc specs.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by pflog:

That's called supply and demand. It has nothing to do with quality of the hardware. Specs wise, there are quite a few Android phones with superior CPU/memory/screen/etc specs.

You're right about supply and demand being why resale value for Apple products is so high. However, you're incorrect about any current Android phone having a faster processor or memory. The closest competitor is the INTERNATIONAL (read: Quad Core) Samsung Galaxy SIII. The US version has a dual-core Snapdragon S4.

As far as graphics, the iPhone 5 has graphics capability equal to the iPad 3 and about three times as fast as anything in an Android phone.

»www.anandtech.com/show/6 ··· -preview

I should also mention this is with the SoC only running at 1GHz versus it's closest competitor running at 1.5GHz. Apple has wowed virtually everyone in the CPU space with the A6 chip, especially since it's their first in house design.