User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to VexorgTR

Premium Member

to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

I changed the DID forwarding to a SIP URI and made two test calls to two of my Callcentric numbers. Both calls went through without any issues.

I think the issue is only with registration of SIP devices, and only some devices are hit by this.
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan

said by Arne Bolen:

I changed the DID forwarding to a SIP URI and made two test calls to two of my Callcentric numbers. Both calls went through without any issues.

I think the issue is only with registration of SIP devices, and only some devices are hit by this.

Yes. This works just fine.

Thanks.
asiaip
join:2012-10-05
Clarkston, WA

asiaip to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
Arne Bolen:

Can you provide more detail on SIP URI forwarding? My quintum has a fixed IP so I assume it has a SIP URI and I should be able to do this forwarding as well. Previously I was forwarding my primary CC acct to a newly created CC acct and registering the gateway with this newly created CC acct and this was working until just recently when the newly created acct is also having the same problems. I also tried forwarding all calls to a voip.ms DID but this does not work as forwarded calls to pstn also seem to be affected.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by asiaip:

Can you provide more detail on SIP URI forwarding? My quintum has a fixed IP so I assume it has a SIP URI and I should be able to do this forwarding as well.

Go to »my.callcentric.com/pref_ ··· ward.php and click on Edit at your phone number.

Depending on your router it might work with xxx@your_public_ip_address:5060

xxx could be a username on your system.

But this will of course only work if your router allows inbound traffic and that would normally be a bad idea.

I just use SIP URI forwarding to my PBXes. SIP URI forwarding to VoIP.ms or most other providers would also work.
asiaip
join:2012-10-05
Clarkston, WA

asiaip

So if i want to SIP URI forward to my voip.ms acct. I would enter in the CC Call treatments "This number" field:(my voip.ms acct#)@(myvoip.ms server)

Or if I want to SIP URI forward to my voip.ms INUM number I would enter in the CC Call treatments "This number" field:(voip.ms inum number)
eviljafar
join:2007-04-10
Montreal, QC

eviljafar

said by asiaip:

So if i want to SIP URI forward to my voip.ms acct. I would enter in the CC Call treatments "This number" field:(my voip.ms acct#)@(myvoip.ms server)

Almost. First you need to create a voip.ms sub account, register that sub account using your ATA or PBX, then create the call treatment. If your sub account extension is 1, your voip.ms account number is 100234 and your voip.ms server is new york, then create a CC call treatment to forward to 1002341@newyork.voip.ms.
hszeto (banned)
join:2002-06-05

hszeto (banned) to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

I agree since I have all DIDs from Callcentric forward via iNum SIP URI to Voxox, I do not experience any concern at all. May be this could be a temporary work around for now.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by hszeto:

I agree since I have all DIDs from Callcentric forward via iNum SIP URI to Voxox, I do not experience any concern at all.

I forward to a SIP address on my PBXes, this is what I normally do with all my voip providers.

During the last few days I have made more than 20 test calls, using Google Voice to my Callcentric DIDs, and all of them went through with an excellent audio quality. I didn't expect any issues as the DDoS attacks are directed towards the pipe used for SIP device registrations. The other pipes are not affected.