join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by peterboro:

said by vue666:

So kindly enlighten me the 14-16 year old boys who fought for Canada and allies in WWI or WWII would they then be considered Child Soldiers?

14-16 are not boys nor children but young men. For thousands of years 14 and up year old young men have been the head of the household at the passing of their father or elders.

Why do you people keep bringing up the child label??????? he was not a child!

Hahahaha my side it hurts, Hohohohoho..... great. Now your rewriting our laws and to boot want to live in the past, gee when women didnt vote and evisceration was acceptable punishment.

I didnt realize that there were yougins in the war but heck they lied during conscription and some got in. Didnt read about 14 yr olds but 15-17. I note the army if found out sent them back and or were taken back by parents when they found out what transpired. Cant fault them, keen to defending Canada from terrorist Nazis. At least vue was referencing factual material about the Canadian soldiers, wherease your wild-assed opinions although dead wrong and completely out of context are very amusing
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

4 edits

vue666 (banned)

Again you prefer to hurl insults which just shows your lack of knowledge... Here are 6 Canadian service men who enlisted prior to WWII. All 6 were uinder the age of 13... The source Paul Hellyer. You do know who he is, right?
quote:
Reporting on an exchange during a parliamentary question period 26 November 1965, the Canadian Press issued a news release on Canadian pre-teen soldiers; that is, they were not yet teenagers. The Minister of Defence of the day, Paul Hellyer, explained the case.
"They enrolled under age," he said. Well, of course they did; that much was obvious. He meant 'enlist', of course. One enrolls for a course of instruction, but enlists for military service. He gave the names of six servicemen, all under 13 when they enlisted between 1936 and 1939. Each one had made a statutory statement to this effect. Hellyer identified the men as Wing Commander W. Taylor, Flt. Sgt. J. C. Baker, Col. W. M. Alton, Maj. R. Hampton, Sgt D. O. Hoskis and Flt. Sgt C. F. Page.

»www.achart.ca/articles/p ··· iers.htm

And once more I shall request you post where you allege I approved of torture and kidnapping...
quote:
I find it despicable that you support one of them.
The difference is I support neither.
You may have the right to support one of them and state it but that does not mean I have to respect you for it.

Furthermore I find it appalling that you would find it OKAY that a canadian citizen was illegally detained and put on a joke-trial, be it Amars Rendition (illegal kidnapping) by the US to be tried (tortured) in Syria, or other instances of mock injustice, such as Khadr. (not to be confused with idiots that try to smuggle drugs or pedophiles etc).

How can I take anything at face value you post when your response is to insult and attribute words to me I never posted...

Now where did I post this?

Now kindly connect the dots as you say...

My grandfather, Mom's Dad enlisted in the army and fought at Vimy Ridge. He was 15.

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

1 recommendation

Kalford to Anav

MVM

to Anav
said by Anav:

Now your rewriting our laws and to boot want to live in the past, gee when women didnt vote and evisceration was acceptable punishment.

Perhaps they should have tried them under Sharia Law. . . .out of respect for their "religious" views and wotnot.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

WHo is they, and who is them in your post Kalford. Not quite sure on your point and dont want to misinterpret your intent before I tear it to shreds.
Anav

Anav to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
Vue, you cannot read, so stop pretending.
If you will note in my post and I quote....

Didnt read about 14 yr olds but 15-17,

I am not saying there were not younger but the brief piece I read didnt mention them. Obviously if a 14 or 15 year old can fake entry its entirely plausable that a 12 or 13 year old did depending upon their physical maturity, thats not rocket science.
Not sure why you would belabour this point anyway.

Also I later on went to state (and my post was to petroburro) and I quote.........
"At least vue was referencing factual material about the Canadian soldiers"

So I was in fact agreeing with your Canadian boy soldier statments not hurling insults about them. There is nothing wrong with wanting to serve your country, tis noble. The fact is that they were not actively recruited either and if found out were taken out of the military again from the limited readings I have done.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

In my link above Paul Hellyer lists 6 service men who enlisted at under the age of 13 ...

As far as not being able to read, your the one who posted I said something which I never did in this thread...

Prove me wrong and post my quote... I never said I approved of torture or kidnapping... How can I take anything you post at face value. If you made a mistake, then man up and apologize...
quote:
You may have the right to support one of them and state it but that does not mean I have to respect you for it.

Furthermore I find it appalling that you would find it OKAY that a canadian citizen was illegally detained and put on a joke-trial, be it Amars Rendition (illegal kidnapping) by the US to be tried (tortured) in Syria, or other instances of mock injustice, such as Khadr. (not to be confused with idiots that try to smuggle drugs or pedophiles etc).

What I do not support is the Khadr families involvement with Al Qaeda an organization that has declared it wants to destroy the west, which includes Canada...

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to Anav

MVM

to Anav
As a welcome home present to Omar. . .the government should give the whole family a free trip to Afghanistan. . . .it would be just like a home coming reunion for them. . .complete with a stones concert, fashion show with the latest styles of belts and lots ' n ' lots of fireworks.

It's the least we could do after all the hardship they endured. Poor sods deserve a vacation.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to vue666

Premium Member

to vue666
said by vue666:

In my link above Paul Hellyer lists 6 service men who enlisted at under the age of 13 ...

As far as not being able to read, your the one who posted I said something which I never did in this thread...

Prove me wrong and post my quote... I never said I approved of torture or kidnapping... How can I take anything you post at face value. If you made a mistake, then man up and apologize...

quote:

Not only do you implicitly support kidnapping, and torture, you seem to approve of it when applied to Canadian Citizens when done by other Nations. This is no different from the poor NS lad who was detained against his will for two weeks in Chains and abused. Do you condone that, of course not!!! Perhaps if you look at in that context the light bulb might come on (pen light) and realize how flawed your thinking is with respect to the process that has occurred. Until you do there is no point in engaging you in further discussion on the topic. But when you do, I will gladly entertain your thoughts.
Anav

Anav to Kalford

Premium Member

to Kalford
Sweet idea, bless your saintly soul Kalford!!
I am just as much as the next guy against those that abuse our system and they should be handled within the processes and laws we have established. If their are loopholes and abuses of our system that get by, then I expect our govt to enact legislation that closes loopholes and makes people accountable (and all on equal footing).
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

At least vue was referencing factual material about the Canadian soldiers, wherease your wild-assed opinions although dead wrong and completely out of context are very amusing

Well then you'll have no problem referencing factual material that 15 year old young men were not in these positions throughout history. Given your wacky aspersions that a 15 year old is a child and all the context remains germane.