uniqs
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

4 edits

vue666 (banned) to Anav

to Anav

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

Again you prefer to hurl insults which just shows your lack of knowledge... Here are 6 Canadian service men who enlisted prior to WWII. All 6 were uinder the age of 13... The source Paul Hellyer. You do know who he is, right?
quote:
Reporting on an exchange during a parliamentary question period 26 November 1965, the Canadian Press issued a news release on Canadian pre-teen soldiers; that is, they were not yet teenagers. The Minister of Defence of the day, Paul Hellyer, explained the case.
"They enrolled under age," he said. Well, of course they did; that much was obvious. He meant 'enlist', of course. One enrolls for a course of instruction, but enlists for military service. He gave the names of six servicemen, all under 13 when they enlisted between 1936 and 1939. Each one had made a statutory statement to this effect. Hellyer identified the men as Wing Commander W. Taylor, Flt. Sgt. J. C. Baker, Col. W. M. Alton, Maj. R. Hampton, Sgt D. O. Hoskis and Flt. Sgt C. F. Page.

»www.achart.ca/articles/p ··· iers.htm

And once more I shall request you post where you allege I approved of torture and kidnapping...
quote:
I find it despicable that you support one of them.
The difference is I support neither.
You may have the right to support one of them and state it but that does not mean I have to respect you for it.

Furthermore I find it appalling that you would find it OKAY that a canadian citizen was illegally detained and put on a joke-trial, be it Amars Rendition (illegal kidnapping) by the US to be tried (tortured) in Syria, or other instances of mock injustice, such as Khadr. (not to be confused with idiots that try to smuggle drugs or pedophiles etc).

How can I take anything at face value you post when your response is to insult and attribute words to me I never posted...

Now where did I post this?

Now kindly connect the dots as you say...

My grandfather, Mom's Dad enlisted in the army and fought at Vimy Ridge. He was 15.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Vue, you cannot read, so stop pretending.
If you will note in my post and I quote....

Didnt read about 14 yr olds but 15-17,

I am not saying there were not younger but the brief piece I read didnt mention them. Obviously if a 14 or 15 year old can fake entry its entirely plausable that a 12 or 13 year old did depending upon their physical maturity, thats not rocket science.
Not sure why you would belabour this point anyway.

Also I later on went to state (and my post was to petroburro) and I quote.........
"At least vue was referencing factual material about the Canadian soldiers"

So I was in fact agreeing with your Canadian boy soldier statments not hurling insults about them. There is nothing wrong with wanting to serve your country, tis noble. The fact is that they were not actively recruited either and if found out were taken out of the military again from the limited readings I have done.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

In my link above Paul Hellyer lists 6 service men who enlisted at under the age of 13 ...

As far as not being able to read, your the one who posted I said something which I never did in this thread...

Prove me wrong and post my quote... I never said I approved of torture or kidnapping... How can I take anything you post at face value. If you made a mistake, then man up and apologize...
quote:
You may have the right to support one of them and state it but that does not mean I have to respect you for it.

Furthermore I find it appalling that you would find it OKAY that a canadian citizen was illegally detained and put on a joke-trial, be it Amars Rendition (illegal kidnapping) by the US to be tried (tortured) in Syria, or other instances of mock injustice, such as Khadr. (not to be confused with idiots that try to smuggle drugs or pedophiles etc).

What I do not support is the Khadr families involvement with Al Qaeda an organization that has declared it wants to destroy the west, which includes Canada...

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

said by vue666:

In my link above Paul Hellyer lists 6 service men who enlisted at under the age of 13 ...

As far as not being able to read, your the one who posted I said something which I never did in this thread...

Prove me wrong and post my quote... I never said I approved of torture or kidnapping... How can I take anything you post at face value. If you made a mistake, then man up and apologize...

quote:

Not only do you implicitly support kidnapping, and torture, you seem to approve of it when applied to Canadian Citizens when done by other Nations. This is no different from the poor NS lad who was detained against his will for two weeks in Chains and abused. Do you condone that, of course not!!! Perhaps if you look at in that context the light bulb might come on (pen light) and realize how flawed your thinking is with respect to the process that has occurred. Until you do there is no point in engaging you in further discussion on the topic. But when you do, I will gladly entertain your thoughts.