how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSMdude

join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON
reply to xsbell

Re: Looking to switch from Unblock to UnoTelly, any experience?

Still happening today - Unotelly got back to me and said it was most likely the US Netflix as the root cause which I tend to believe since »downrightnow.com/netflix listed Netflix as having intermittent issues and still does as of writing this

JoePro

join:2006-11-01
canada

Hmmm, this is interesting. I use netflix on my PS3 and haven't had any issues. However, my netflix player did not update last night and hasn't done so in a long time.

My PS3/netflix accounts are US based. I use SmartDNS.

The search feature is very limited in the US netflix app, compared to the canadian one

TerriRiver

join:2012-09-04
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to unotelly

I tried both Unblockus and UnoTelly free trials. Both worked well during trial period. I signed up with Unblockus for a month, during the month there were a couple of days they were having trouble with Amazon Instant Videos so I didn't renew the next month and have been using UnoTelly in the last few weeks. A couple of times I couldn't access CWTV videos (still going on right now) - the first time it resolved itself after half a day but this time it hasn't yet (since 3am this morning, now it's almost 2:30pm) and I have yet to receive a support reply on my ticket. A couple of times I couldn't load Amazon homepage either but that got resolved (the first time after a few hours and another time after a day). Not sure what the real problem was - the explanations I got was that the servers were updating or that there was ISP issue with one of their servers (however I tried all servers in North America and their Germany and Ireland servers, same thing, Amazon homepage not loading). I think UnoTelly tries to figure out the problems you may be having but their response time is a bit slower than Unblockus and sometimes it takes them a bit longer to fix the issues however just to be fair, it did take Unblockus a couple of days to fix Amazon Prime video problems. I think both services are equal in the sense that they do their best to fix the problem when it arise and the technology itself is not perfect at the moment. Unblockus is simpler to pay for as it's one rate monthly while UnoTelly has three different packages which could be a bit confusing. One thing though is that UnoTelly gives a free package which includes a few channels that are well worth trying out. The ultimate decision is to figure out which service works the best for you. I'm going to try Unblockus again for another month. My thinking is not to sign up (UnoTelly has the pre-paid annual option, Unblockus is only monthly) for more than a month at a time so you won't be "stuck" with a service that may not work well for you even though you may save a few dollars in a year.

pmcdunnough

join:2012-02-03
reply to johnkim

I have been with unblock-us for ages. It has been great. Unfortunately my Bell Sagecom modem starting losing sync every day and that resulted in PPPoE exiting and returning yet another ip. Unblock-us requires that you visit their site with a browser to upgrade your ip, etc... On the other hand UnoTelly had an api which allowed from a cron job in osx or a task in Windows to handle this at predefined intervals of time. Far more convenient to me so I switched to UnoTelly, but still have an account with unblock-us ( was on a year contract). UnoTelly has been great. As good, and in my case better, than unblock-us. They also allow for a yearly billing which unblock-us no longer does. Both are good services. There are others as well.

philip

Scooby Doo

join:2012-12-30

UnoDNS/UnoTelly has been working great on PC / ipad /ipod and PS3 (to US), Sony TV (to AU) and PS3 (to UK). No issues to date - excellent service.

patinfo

@autodata.net

I am on trial with unblock-us on my samsung blu-ray player for Netflix and plan to use for Roku in few days. Will Unotelly also support these devices?

Beni

join:2013-01-16

Yes!.. UnoTelly supports already both Samsung Blu-Ray and Roku, among a wide of other devices such as, Smart TV´s & Blu-Ray Players: Dynex, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony & Toshiba, tv boxes: WD TV Live, Roku, Boxee Box, Apple TV, etc.. Consoles: XBOX360, PS3, Wii and Wii U.. and will work with the newest from Microsoft and Sony aswell.

About the quality, I cant say I have used others, but my cousin is using Unblock-US and are having problems now and then... he is going to move to UnoTelly soon, because of that, and because he knows I never have any problem, and Im even more hard users than he is :P

I use UnoTelly and Im very happy.. it does all I need it to do, and even more! and the price is cheap! (if not the cheapest!), love watching different Netflix (from different countries), as Im spanish, and in Norway there is not 1 movie in spanish, but I connect to US, or Mexico (and cant wait till Spain gets Netflix!)

Why not test UnoTelly for 8 days, after your trial with unblock-us, and then when youre done, you decide? that would be pretty much the fairest solution.

eweazel

join:2008-12-09
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

I have been using unblock us for a year now, havent had a problem. Unotelly does intrigue me. I have the dns config on my router and get the U.S. Shows and Netflix but I do have a question, how do you change your netflix country from say u.s. To canadian. I am always on the U.S. One.

This is for both unotelly and unblock us. I access it through my boxee box.

jonase

join:2010-12-15
reply to johnkim

Also using UnoTelly, has been rock solid so far.

rosenqui
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON
reply to eweazel

said by eweazel:

... I do have a question, how do you change your netflix country from say u.s. To canadian. I am always on the U.S. One.

For Unblock US you sign in and go to the "How to setup" page. There is a drop-down showing all of the possible Netflix regions.

»support.unblock-us.com/customer/···n-picker
--
Adventures in Canadian cord cutting - »canadiancordcutting.blogspot.ca/

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX

I've been using unblock us for over a year with great sucess anytime i have had a problem its been due to a IP cycle on my modem and needing to auth the new ip to unblock us so i run up to pc do that takes 2 seconds and then i am back in action i run it over wii/wiiu/ps3/sony smart tvs and multiple pcs. Now if only i could use more than 2 streams at a time p:) Shakes fist!
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

rosenqui
Premium
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON

If you use dyndns.org and setup your router according to these instructions, unblock-us should see the traffic from your router to DynDNS and update your IP automatically:

»support.unblock-us.com/customer/···g-dyndns
--
Adventures in Canadian cord cutting - »canadiancordcutting.blogspot.ca/

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Handy i may set that one up once i settle down with a new router.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Niccoletta

@bell.ca
reply to johnkim

Hey Everyone,

VERY new to this whole thing. Signed up to Unotelly today for their free 8 day Gold Trial, and I'm very confused as to how to access the channels. I set up my modem, laptop, and blu ray player the way they describe on their site and ... nothing appears on my blu ray player and when I try to access the channels through unotelly on my laptop im directed to join/pay for the channels through the site. (aka A&E, CBS, etc) Anyone able to better explain how I access the channels?