Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to Insight6

MVM,

to Insight6

Re: [Snow] Fox News Video issues with Mac

Can you post the specs of your Mac? Processor? RAM? GPU?

Yes, I know you said you can play other videos fine, but I'm just curious.

Insight6
join:2012-08-25

Insight6

said by Thinkdiff:

Can you post the specs of your Mac? Processor? RAM? GPU?

Yes, I know you said you can play other videos fine, but I'm just curious.

CPU: 3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 6 GB
Video: ATI RADEON 5770 with 1 GB video memory.

Latest browsers AND flashplayer. Pretty strange too that the lead in commercials play flawlessly but the news videos have a problem.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Is this a Hackintosh? What model of Mac came with 3GHz Core 2 Duo and the 5770?

Insight6

Insight6

said by Thinkdiff:

Is this a Hackintosh? What model of Mac came with 3GHz Core 2 Duo and the 5770?

"Hackintosh?" What "model of Mac." Sorry, I honestly have no idea what you are asking or referring to.

It seems clear that there is no answer to be found at this time.

I laid out the all the hardware specs and version of OS X, answered all the questions asked by everyone trying to help about all the versions of flash, browsers, and described the exact circumstances of this spontaneous relatively new development.

The only thing that possibly changed was the latest version of flash came out. The problem started ABOUT that time but I simply do not remember if the problem started before the flash update or after--Only that they were in close in time--BUT, all other sites using Flash work fine and this is the same machine I have for a long time--about a year and a half.

I have people telling me they don't have my problem--like that helps anything while I have others telling me they too are experiencing the same thing--that's not much help either.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate your time. I suspect the problem will eventually spontaneously clear up. Maybe when I upgrade to Mountain Lion--if I ever get around to it.

The best mystery for me is why does the lead in commercial play fine preceding the video. That's flash is it not and it is coming from the or through the Fox News site as the news video immediately is segued in.

genxr
Premium Member
join:2004-08-11
Arlington, TX

genxr

Premium Member

TD was just wanting to determine what mac we're dealing with (iMac, Macbook, etc.)

My only suggestion would be to reset safari and clean out/delete the site information in the "Local Storage Settings" part of the Flash settings.

Insight6

Insight6

said by genxr:

My only suggestion would be to reset safari and clean out/delete the site information in the "Local Storage Settings" part of the Flash settings.

Did it. No effect. Thanks.