spc
uniqs

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to milan22

to milan22

Re: [iO] New Guide Rollout

Have you tried just pushing the "play" button on the remote? I know it's a stretch.

I only suggest trying to because my Moxi makes you push two buttons to change the channel from the guide. It gives you a menu of choices just like the new CV guide. Pushing PLAY skips the menu and just tunes the channel... if it does not already do it, maybe they can enable that?

I know my Tivo lets me skip the extra menu when trying to play recorded programs. In the Now Playing list, just hit PLAY and it just starts. Hitting "clear" on the remote also deletes shows without having to confirm it.

Time for some shortcuts! Although, I think they are just worried about getting it deployed right now...

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

kickass69

The DVR boxes from Cablevision always required a double press when recording previously. But now the regular STBs as I said above and milan22 adds, require 2 button presses to switch to a channel from the guide. Makes me not want to use it aside from all the other negatives I mentioned above from myself and my mother.

Let's not forget everyone, to give your feedback 'officially' to Cablevision.

»www.optimum.net/ExploreO ··· 56999916

Feel free to give us feedback on our program guide:
programguide@optimum.net

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

Well, there is always a possibility to ask them to make changes. Pushing "play" to skip the DVR options should not be hard to do... unless it's patented and will cost money. Those options should not even present themselves to people who do not subscribe to or are unable to get DVR+. Hopefully they figure out a way to provision the software based on DVR subscription level...

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

kickass69

Click for full size
Well from an earlier post of mine: "My biggest issues thus far with the new guide/Quick Settings/Settings setup is instead of previously having a double button press to get to the guide (iO Button then Select), with the new guide setup you now have to double press Select to switch to the channel you got highlighted.

A mini menu comes up with 'Watch, Record Series, More Info and Close.

There's no need for it when for those with 8300s, 8300HDs and DVR Plus you can just hit the record button or the info button for more info like we have been doing."

anon
@optonline.net

anon

Anon

Bring back the old guide. This is terrible. I might drop cablevision over this. It's that bad.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

1 edit

EliteData

Premium Member

said by anon :

Bring back the old guide. This is terrible. I might drop cablevision over this. It's that bad.

i like the guide but i would like to see a few improvements.
1) press info on the current channel, it should tell you what genre the current content is without having to press info again, the same thing applies for the guide, you have to press info twice on the channel selection to find out the genre.
2) "more info" and "record" are not necessary when pressing "select" on a channel selection in the guide, pressing info again on the channel selection is the same as "more info" and the record button on the remote should do the same thing as "record".
3) their should be an option to change the color scheme, the current color scheme isnt that good.
4) the channel enter timeout period is too short, you must enter 3 or 4 digits within 2 seconds or less, or else !
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by EliteData:

i like the guide but i would like to see a few improvements.
1) press info on the current channel, it should tell you what genre the current content is without having to press info again, the same thing applies for the guide, you have to press info twice on the channel selection to find out the genre.
2) "more info" and "record" are not necessary when pressing "select" on a channel selection in the guide, pressing info again on the channel selection is the same as "more info" and the record button on the remote should do the same thing as "record".

I think that there should be an option to set the "select" option, whether to bring up the menu or tune direct to the channel. This would make everyone happy about that (whether "one button" or "one button press" is preferred). I personally preferred that as "one press" how it used to be, but with the faster loading in general & option for "favorites" (would be great if we could have a few custom guides, for the multiple people who may want to use it), plus more channels/page, I am very happy.