share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to plencnerb

Re: Version of McAfee Enterprise for Windows 8

Well, I did some more looking, and it looks like I have answered my own question.

The full article directly from McAfee is below

»kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?pa···=KB74593

First, I will point out that as of the date of this KB article (September 13, 2012), McAfee is still working on quality assurance tests and official certification in regards to their Virus Scan Enterprise product on Windows 8.

However, since there are some organizations and people running Windows 8 in some form or fashion, McAfee will provide a patch that can be applied to version 8.8 running on Windows 8. It is "Patch 2", and is available from the McAfee Downloads site using a valid Grant Number.

In answer to the question "When will we know the official product and corresponding patch level of McAfee Enterprise for Windows 8"? Looks like we will have to wait until Microsoft officially releases Windows 8 to the general public.

As a side note, I remember McAfee doing something similar when Windows 7 came out. Their current product did not work on Windows 7, and they did not "officially" release one until after Windows 7 was available to the general public. Looks like the same will be true with Windows 8.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail