Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6

Premium Member

Google Wallet

Galaxy S3 here....

For some strange reason, it says that this phone isn't compatible. I see it in the Google Play store.

Anyone know whats going on with that ?

Thanks..:+)
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

It's not available yet, however if you want to "hack" it to work on your phone, it is possible.

YMMV on the reliability and security of that however.

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6

Premium Member

Thanks, but i'll pass on the hack option..:+)
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Retired6

Premium Member

to Retired6
Only Sprint allows use of GW. All other carriers will be using (?) Isis. Isis was supposed to come out a year ago and then under went a change in direction. They were supposed to release in Salt Lake City and Houston in "Summer" but that ended 9/21. Now they have only stated it's delayed.

If they have yet to _still_ only release in two markets I'm guessing it will be at around a year at lease before it might go any further. Basically, around the time NFC payments are passed on by all retailers.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to Retired6

Premium Member

to Retired6
Are you running a custom rom? I know with my nexus 7, a few of the custom roms show it as not compatible. A new rom fixed it.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by djdanska:

Are you running a custom rom? I know with my nexus 7, a few of the custom roms show it as not compatible. A new rom fixed it.

What are you using. I'm just using the original but rooted. Wallet doesn't work because of the root. At least, that's what the error message says.

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

1 recommendation

thegeek to Retired6

Premium Member

to Retired6
If you root you can side load it. It requires modifying your build.prop file temporarily. Once installed you can change back the build.prop file. Wallet will say that your device isn't supported but it will still work just fine. I use it all the time. Love the convenience. Wish more places had the PayPass machines.

The gas station I go to every morning has one now so I use it every day. It still amazes everyone around when they see me pay with my phone. The other day a woman with a new iPhone saw me use Wallet to pay and asked if I knew how to make her phone do that too. I laughed and told her that she'd have to buy a new phone or wait for Apple to "innovate" NFC payments in a few years.