uniqs
Davefred99
join:2012-08-10
Moreno Valley, CA

1 recommendation

Davefred99 to VexorgTR

to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up source for incoming and out going trunks or program a few multi-line Ip phones with a back up provider. I know I have 3 different accounts with alternate DID's from each. With PayGo accounts it costs almost nothing to have a back up plan until you use them.
Just thinking out loud. I am just a small time Voip user and have not idea what it might be like in a larger setting.

VexorgTR
join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

VexorgTR

This is the first time in a long time that CC has had a biff.

For a corporate Sip system, I'd prefer a more grand carrier, but for most small biz and home, CC is a top choice. I'm confident it will be resolved soon.. It's been a LONG outage though... so strange.

I hope I can sleep..... by tomorrow I'm going to get the riot act from some businesses...... I'd say my phone would be ringing off the hook... but... It WON'T be... unless I transfer my calls to my mobile.

I'm not that worried about it for me, but I sure am worried for them.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to Davefred99

Premium Member

to Davefred99
said by Davefred99:

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up....

Always good to have backup.

Although I very rarely have any issues with CC, I keep backup account with CWU for outbound calls.

For inbound, call forwarding is working normally, so one could forward to a cellphone, or to a CWU account, etc.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to Davefred99

to Davefred99
said by Davefred99:

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up source for incoming and out going trunks or program a few multi-line Ip phones with a back up provider. ...

Incoming is often an issue.

It's not always possible to remidiate an inbound DID when you receive multiple calls from slients simultaneously.

Failovers often don't handle 10 or 20 inbound calls at the same time.
hszeto (banned)
join:2002-06-05

1 recommendation

hszeto (banned) to Davefred99

to Davefred99
said by Davefred99:

As I read this I cant help but wonder. Would this not be a lesson not to put all your eggs in one basket. I would think that if your business is mission critical you would want at least some back up source for incoming and out going trunks or program a few multi-line Ip phones with a back up provider. I know I have 3 different accounts with alternate DID's from each. With PayGo accounts it costs almost nothing to have a back up plan until you use them.
Just thinking out loud. I am just a small time Voip user and have not idea what it might be like in a larger setting.

We have utilized VoIP especially those free offers for business for more than a decade. We always give customers more than one DID, have simultaneously ringing both IP phones and mobile phones either by Voxox or Google Voice. Some DIDs are registered to server while others are forwarded via SIP URI or forward via iNum. As a result, we virtually do not have complete outage.