spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dubh4

join:2012-10-04

[CA] Upgrade SBV5220 to DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA modem?

I'd like to upgrade my SBV5220 DOCSIS 2.0 modem (rented from Cox) to a DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA (digital voice) modem.

Oddly enough, the Cox list of compatible modems does not include any digital voice modems. Support was coy about whether an externally purchased digital voice modem would work. All they could say was that compatible modems were "highly recommended." Support also wasn't sure what to say about the rented modem not being on the list of compatible modems.

Has anyone successfully configured an externally purchased eMTA modem for Cox digital voice, Internet, and cable TV services? If so, can you recommend any DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA modems?

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
If you have internet, and phone threw cox, request from cox a D3 eMTA. You may be able to pick one up from a local cox store. The only current D3 eMTA that I am aware of that cox uses, is the Cisco DPQ3212. I don't think cox will even attempt to provision a eMTA modem if its not one they supplied. As for the eMTA not being listed on the modem support list, cox doesn't list them, as its something they only supply, and not something the customer is able to buy, and have provisioned.