share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Suntop

Re: Ads? I do not get any!

said by Suntop:

Well folks you do not need ADBLOCK, noscript, or IE10 don't track. I use a feature built in all versions of windows that blocks all ads and adult sites. (Not that I go to them, it is useful to filter out because M$ parent control don't catch all of them) I use a HOSTS file that blocks them. There are 2 ways to do this, if you like to write your own you can but you have to have an elevated command prompt. The other is to use the MVPS Hosts file, now it will block Google Ad Services so if you want to visit any links that are sponsored or click adwords you will have to comment them out with #.

Stick it to the ads anyways, they NEVER EVER show anything I would ever click! Oh and Wahhh @T&T, COMCAST, and all others that get mad because they cannot cram ads down our pipes to help get the user to go over it's cap so they can make $$ not only off the ads themselves but all bandwidth use. They are CRYING because of this. Screw em! If they do not like it then take off the caps. (Not that they EVER WILL!!) I am on a UNI connection so I do not have any caps.

I get NO MALWARE, NO SEARCH HIJACKING, and especially NO *BLEEP*ING ADS!

BTW Only you can prevent overages. *lol*

I can't believe everyone in the world doesn't use MVPS's host file and then add what ever you want to it!

No need for any stupid addons, which with as many as most people have loaded in their browsers now a days (ridiculous), only slows you down.

One person above said something about how they can believe AT&T crying about this but not Verizon. Sure would like to know what that person is smoking?!

Personally,
Those are 2 companies I wish would be destroyed/dismembered/etc....
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/