HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues

Re: Rogers is desperate to keep customers

said by elwoodblues:

The thing is in 2yrs you say.. give me a deal or else... TPIA should be flourishing even better by then.

Either that, or these type of deals will be what's needed by Rogers to kill demand for TPIA.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by HeadSpinning:

Either that, or these type of deals will be what's needed by Rogers to kill demand for TPIA.

That is very much what I am thinking as well. 250GB/month is enough for ~97% of people and under $50/month for 75Mbps would be a tough offer to pass for people who are already shelling out over $40/month for whatever they have now.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by InvalidError:

said by HeadSpinning:

That is very much what I am thinking as well. 250GB/month is enough for ~97% of people and under $50/month for 75Mbps would be a tough offer to pass for people who are already shelling out over $40/month for whatever they have now.

And once they've killed TPIA, the $45/month will magically become $100 or more.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by elwoodblues:

We'll probably see the TPIAs filing CRTC complaints about wholesale rates preventing them from matching the incumbents' retention offers if enough people end up going back with incumbents due to promo/retention deals 3rd-party ISPs cannot match due to wholesale rates and the rate structure.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

said by InvalidError:

said by elwoodblues:

We'll probably see the TPIAs filing CRTC complaints about wholesale rates preventing them from matching the incumbents' retention offers if enough people end up going back with incumbents due to promo/retention deals 3rd-party ISPs cannot match due to wholesale rates and the rate structure.

TPIA users can't switch back to Robellus though. At least not in the GTA, and for me. I don't see any Rogers promotions except for the student deals, and that would mean that my SB6120 would be going to waste.