wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to VexorgTR

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

Just checked my Obi account and it has CC registration listed as failed.

I have a Google Voice account on the other SP.

Does this mean that I cannot make a 911 call?

I know I can use a cell phone for calling 911, but the main reason for getting a CC account was in order to make 911 calls.

Thanks.

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17

1 edit

I would suggest that going forward, you setup your OB device for e911 failover. The way I have it setup is if the 911 call fails on SP2, it next try on Voice Gateway X, setup with another provider (CallwithUs - used primarily for International Calls) where the call is place to our Non-emergency local number. If that fails, the outgoing call is place through Goggle Voice setup on SP1 to the same local number 911 number as with the CallWithUs routed call. This way, you have at least three e911 path. The procedure to setup this up on your OBi Device is described by RonR on the OBi Forum.

»www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1832.0

said by wideglide36:

I know I can use a cell phone for calling 911, but the main reason for getting a CC account was in order to make 911 calls.

Thanks.

wideglide36

join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Future Nine Corp..

DaveSin, Thanks for that helpful info.

Wifey is a little concerned though and we will probably just go back to using pots as it has never failed as far as I know.

Gotta feel secure in knowing that if you need 911 that it will be there. Half the time people can't find their cell phones so the house phones have to be rock solid in this case.

Thanks.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

said by wideglide36:

DaveSin, Thanks for that helpful info.

Wifey is a little concerned though and we will probably just go back to using pots as it has never failed as far as I know.

Gotta feel secure in knowing that if you need 911 that it will be there. Half the time people can't find their cell phones so the house phones have to be rock solid in this case.

Thanks.

My house phones always end up in the couch done by my son. Why I do not buy more expensive SIP phones and just an ATA with cheap on sale DECT handsets.
My wife's cell phone because of her work stays connected to her 24/7 whether she wants it to or not.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to wideglide36

said by wideglide36:

Thanks.

I still like having both. if the cell doesn't work my VOIP will and if VOIP is down hopefully cell is up. Increases odds of something working without breaking the bank.
Plus most important calls go to cell anyways. Home pone we have had forever still friends call our cells. Home is for doctor appointments and the like. Had it 18 years and just want to keep it.
Plus good just incase we ever go into cell overages on voice which is few and far between.