Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jakiel00

Premium Member

to Jakiel00

Re: Don't Play WoW If You Run For Public Office

said by Jakiel00:

Excuse my ignorance but does he still play? I rarely PVP enough to keep up with the popular kids in school, let alone their names.

yeah i think he does... he was involved in that race through heroic DS over the summer.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

Athene can back up the shit he says so, while he maybe a complete asshole, I have no issue with him.

No... he plays a PVP paladin well. There is no backing up the level of shit that comes out of his mouth.

It's been my experience (and of course yours may vary) but anyone that play PvP well enough to get a 2300+ rating each season and earn server titles (Ive had 2 such people in my guild)usually has the brains/skill to do quite well in PVE. I believe he can back up his words. Like it or not you will always come across complete assholes that play this game as well or better than you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

You missed my point entirely. If we are limiting ourselves to relevant statements like "I challenge you to try to beat me... I'll win" then he can back that up. But "shit talk"... especially of the variety this reprobate spews, has nothing to do with the pvp that goes on in game.

Just shut up and play the game. If you want to explain things like Swifty, awesome... otherwise... shut up and play the game. Issue a challenge that doesn't involve genitalia, or inflate your ability to engage in pvp beyond the constructs of the game.

"I will beat you" he can back up. The rest of that garbage is nonsense.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

But Immer. This is the way of the internetz.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by I AM:

But Immer. This is the way of the internetz.

so saith "they". I'll take no part in it, and will measure a man by his words and actions (regardless of medium).

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

Athene can back up the shit he says so, while he maybe a complete asshole, I have no issue with him.

No... he plays a PVP paladin well. There is no backing up the level of shit that comes out of his mouth.

Sorry Immer but I guess I did miss your point. Reading the above quotes (mine and yours) when I state he can back up the shit he says, I was referring to his PvP awesomeness claims as you posted in his youtube video. When you replied and emphasized he plays a PvP paladin well I took that to mean you understood I was referring to my above statement.

In any case, I believe he plays PvP well and thus that backs up the shit he spews about his awesomeness in PvP. Rarely do people just shut up and play as you say, PvPers talk shit, its what they do. Just like when you play basketball or football you talk shit, and if you can back it up all the better. PVEers talk shit too, its called posting healing and damage meters or standing front of the bank in your full heroic 25man gear or sitting on the mailbox on your 25man heroic mount. Point is talking shit is part of it.

I agree Athene is an asshole but I have no issue with that since he PvPs well and says some funny shit at times.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

PvPers talk shit, its what they do. Just like when you play basketball or football you talk shit, and if you can back it up all the better. PVEers talk shit too, its called posting healing and damage meters or standing front of the bank in your full heroic 25man gear or sitting on the mailbox on your 25man heroic mount. Point is talking shit is part of it.

Easy, killer. Let's define "talk shit" a little better. Running around in your pvp title, wearing top pvp gear and posting your MMR are not "talking shit"... just like all those things about pve you mentioned are not "talking shit".

Talking shit is, "ooooh, you liked that? I hit you so hard your mom felt that". stupid. I abhor it in all forms of competition. In football, I targetted the "shit talker" and I took them out. Silently. Wrestling... the same. Baseball it was just dumb... because the game boils down to pitch and catch... if the pitcher makes a mistake, the rest of the team suddenly has to play the game.

I hate basketball... it's all shit talk. How can you honestly talk shit and strike a strength pose over 2 points... when the combined scores reach over 160? stupid.

Anyway... I was just taking this opportunity to share a little bit more about myself, and explain a little further what it is I find so repulsive about pvp, and the PVP mindset. It's like basketball in the ghetto to me. I can sort of find some appreciation of skill, if it's being played for the sake of the game... but that only goes so far. there's still all that blasted "squeaking", lol.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I've played a lot of basketball and still do and talkers too me are just funny. Mostly because they cannot back it up. How do you talk smack in arenas? /emote? You all are in vent together?

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

Easy, killer. Let's define "talk shit" a little better.

A. Why would you take my reply as being worked up enough that you think I need to take it "easy killer"?
B. Your definition is your definition, talking shit is any way of obearingly expressing what you believe to be your awesomeness. You look like a tard if you cant back it up. And yes posting healing/damage meters after every trash pull or boss kill for no other reason than to epeen is shit talking.
said by Immer:

Anyway... I was just taking this opportunity to share a little bit more about myself, and explain a little further what it is I find so repulsive about pvp, and the PVP mindset.

Again I get it, you dont care for PvP.I think your inherent dislike of PvP obscures your vision of this occurring in PvE, but whatever to each his own.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

sorry, I didn't mean for "easy killer" to mean "calm down"... I meant it more as a "back that train up just a tad".

It does occur in pve, but better examples are /tradetrolls bragging about kills, server firsts, Thunderfury, etc. I needed the definition of "talking shit" to be narrower than your examples implied, otherwise my issues regarding Athene and his ilk would have been spread to thinly.

I am very specifically targeting "talking shit" that by definition cannot be backed up.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Immer, I have to diasgree with you when it comes to basketball, especially in the ghetto. I spent alot of my highschool time living with a friend, in the ghetto. I am a Ginjer, red headed and white, while the majority of my friends were black. The reason for that is I played basketball the majority of my Middle School and High School days. My dad worked at a Boys and Girls club, in the ghetto.

While I understand you do not appreciate "shit talk" as you put it, in some form to me it does belong there. You are right that one touchdown, run, basket, goal does not equal a win. However, there is an art form to talking smack to your opponent. It may not be respectful to you, but for those of us who dabble in the art, we understand that what is said on the field, court, etc. stays there. If I, the only white guy on a court, took your approach, I would be belittled on a daily basis and likely have the lowest self-esteem ever.

However, my method is simple, keep your mouth closed and show respect... Until the guy guarding you decides to open his mouth. At that point, the Ginjer Gods pump me up so much I begin the "mind fuck" of my opponent. Why? It is simple, basketball is about getting your opponent to start thinking about something else. If you talk them out of there game, whether they are better than you are not, you are taking advantage of them.

"Shit talk" is an artform. You either have it, or you have been crushed by it.

This is totally in a respectful manner to you Immer. I just have to disagree with you.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I read you now. I think our opinions obviously differ somewhat on this topic but I understand you better I think.

/respect

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

This is totally in a respectful manner to you Immer. I just have to disagree with you.

Understood, and no worries there.
said by Skittles:

I read you now. I think our opinions obviously differ somewhat on this topic but I understand you better I think.

/respect

cool, that was my goal.

/respect to you fine gentlemen.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

PvPers talk shit, its what they do. Just like when you play basketball or football you talk shit, and if you can back it up all the better. PVEers talk shit too, its called posting healing and damage meters or standing front of the bank in your full heroic 25man gear or sitting on the mailbox on your 25man heroic mount. Point is talking shit is part of it.

Easy, killer. Let's define "talk shit" a little better. Running around in your pvp title, wearing top pvp gear and posting your MMR are not "talking shit"... just like all those things about pve you mentioned are not "talking shit".

Talking shit is, "ooooh, you liked that? I hit you so hard your mom felt that". stupid. I abhor it in all forms of competition. In football, I targetted the "shit talker" and I took them out. Silently. Wrestling... the same. Baseball it was just dumb... because the game boils down to pitch and catch... if the pitcher makes a mistake, the rest of the team suddenly has to play the game.

I hate basketball... it's all shit talk. How can you honestly talk shit and strike a strength pose over 2 points... when the combined scores reach over 160? stupid.

Anyway... I was just taking this opportunity to share a little bit more about myself, and explain a little further what it is I find so repulsive about pvp, and the PVP mindset. It's like basketball in the ghetto to me. I can sort of find some appreciation of skill, if it's being played for the sake of the game... but that only goes so far. there's still all that blasted "squeaking", lol.

It is what seperates the men from the boys. Boys try to come off as tough and aggressive by trash talking but just reveal how insecure they really are.

A man doesn't need to trash talk. He might be quiet and polite, but he will school you but good if you take him on. And one certain look from him lets you know that.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Gold, I agree that it does differentiate men from boys in some aspects. However, from my stand point, men thrive on competition sometimes. I never start the trash talking myself. I am usually as respectful as you can be in a competitve sport. However, if confronted and disrected, competitive me comes out in full force (in a respectful trash talk manner).

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
said by Goldheart:

A man doesn't need to trash talk. He might be quiet and polite, but he will school you but good if you take him on. And one certain look from him lets you know that.

OMG I didnt realize I woke up Steven Seagal...

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Talk is to throw someone's game off. If someone talking throws you off your game just a bit then he's won part of his battle. If it does not then great you have mental toughness.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

if confronted and disrected, competitive me comes out in full force (in a respectful trash talk manner).

is he just as pasty white as real you?
wabisuke
join:2007-01-23
Philippines

wabisuke to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Talk is to throw someone's game off. If someone talking throws you off your game just a bit then he's won part of his battle. If it does not then great you have mental toughness.

Not sure how to do this in WoW arenas, but one of my fondest moments in DoTA was to talk smack to someone just to get them to stand still (have them type back lol) while i hook them with Pudge or let them eat an arrow from Mirana

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Skittles

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Goldheart:

OMG I didnt realize I woke up Steven Seagal...

Pfft... Clint Eastwood had the "look" way better!

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

you mean the look he gives when talking to an empty chair?

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Ginjer:

if confronted and disrected, competitive me comes out in full force (in a respectful trash talk manner).

is he just as pasty white as real you?

Well, you know how the military is. You don't often get to many Ginjer's running around on a court. It is the sterotype thing I guess. I remember not getting picked up for a day or so. Then, after my first game people's jaws drop.

The following week I get picked up quickly. I love it.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

1 recommendation

Harddrive to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
FYI: She won.

"World of Warcraft gamer Colleen Lachowicz vanquished her offline foe on Tuesday -- capturing a Maine state Senate seat despite attacks on her online alter ego.
Democrat Colleen Lachowicz – known online as an Orc Assassin Rogue named “Santiaga” -- defeated Republican Sen. Thomas Martin to win a seat representing Maine’s Senate District 25, the Bangor Daily News reported."

»www.nydailynews.com/news ··· .1198312

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

For DA Horde!!!

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork to Harddrive

to Harddrive
lol Proving that all WoW players are smart...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

1 recommendation

Jobbie

Premium Member

Don't underestimate the power of the gaming community, I bet a huge portion of it went and voted her.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Hell I would of had I been in her precinct, and that would have been an across-the-aisle vote for me.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

um Senators don't have precinct, you get 2 for your state that's all.

representatives have precincts.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

ok bro.

AUGUSTA - Colleen Lachowicz, the Democratic candidate for State Senate District 25 (Waterville), has been living a time-consuming double life as a member of the World of Warcraft community. World of Warcraft is an online gaming network where people play a fantasy role-playing game in an imaginary world called Azeroth.

I should have said District, not Precinct.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

well a state gets 2 Senators and I know for Texas when a Senator is up for election anyone in the state can vote on them.

representatives on the other hand are only voted on by a select area of the state. (ie the area they represent)