All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
big_e
join:2011-03-05

big_e

Sprint will not survive.

LTE and their network vision upgrades are Sprint's last hope for subscriber growth/retention to gain financial solvency. Now it appears their upgrade is just a badly engineered as their previous network. Stick a fork in. Sprint's done.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

been saying that.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to big_e

Premium Member

to big_e
said by big_e:

Now it appears their upgrade is just a badly engineered as their previous network. Stick a fork in. Sprint's done.

Markets are only 20-30% done now and you are saying it is a failure? Give me a break. Their coverage maps suck for sure but it is far to early to say they are done.

Jon Geb
Long time member
join:2001-01-09
Howell, MI

Jon Geb

Meanwhile at Verizon, they are working on secondary and rural tiers now.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00 to big_e

Premium Member

to big_e
Sprint could very easily survive if they would begin making the right decisions: To entertain the mind, here is what Sprint SHOULD be doing:

1. Sprint should have held off the LTE deployment....waited a year or two to even think about rolling it out...when it becomes cheaper, until then 3G is good enough. Upgrading to 4G after costs come down.

2. Since we are taking a more cautious approach to network upgrades, right away Sprint offers plans 20-25% cheaper then AT&T and Verizon. In the American Market price is everything...see Wal-mart...its matters not to 80% of the consumer market if Sprint has LTE or not..if its 20% cheaper then Verizon and AT&T and allows the users to talk, text, check facebook, browse the web...its a money maker...in markets where Sprint offers service its a winner.

Bill Gates said it best in The Pirates of Silicon Valley when Steve Jobs yelled "our stuff is better" Gates replied "That doesn't matter"

why did Windows beat Apple out? Answer is price...price was the single point that gained Microsoft an advantage...price.

If Sprint is smart, they will undercut the competition by 20-25% and hold off on upgrades until prices come down...3G is good enough for the next 2 years to the average American...let Verizon and AT&T play this upgrade game (while having to keep raising prices to do it) while Sprint pursues a more conservative plan of only upgrading the network once every 4 years while offering significantly lower prices for a competitive service while raking in huge amounts of profits to boot.

this would force AT&T and Verizon to either lower prices or close up shop...its a win-win for Sprint and they need to get on it....
big_e
join:2011-03-05

big_e

Sprint's network has been in shambles for years. Their 3G is far from good enough. 100kbps and 500ms latency during most hours of the day. The only way they can fix their 3G is to roll out network vision which will contain the software based radios that give them LTE anyways.

They got into the position they are now, by playing by your rules and putting off needed upgrades for years.

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2 to Woody79_00

to Woody79_00
said by Woody79_00:
Sprint could very easily survive if they would begin making the right decisions: To entertain the mind, here is what Sprint SHOULD be doing:

If Sprint is smart, they will undercut the competition by 20-25% and hold off on upgrades until prices come down...3G is good enough for the next 2 years to the average American
When you have crap coverage it doesn't matter what it is if you need to make a call... sproostgin coverage has been weighed, measured and found wanting. And now they've been caught red handed, and NO they are not the only ones lying it happens at VZW on down...They would need to undercut things by 60% to compare with their coverage.

sprint got themselves in this mess when they merged with nexhell. The results of the mess nexhell created is costing sproostgin BILLIONS which all could have been avoided had the FCC done its J - O - B! Yeah thats not happening.... Bad move, and now tmobile is going to do the exact same thing. just a shuffle of technologies involved GSM and UMTS ( and these are distinct seperated tech, and GSM is not synonomous for both! ) for iDEN with CDMA /LTE.
said by Woody79_00:
this would force AT&T and Verizon to either lower prices or close up shop...its a win-win for Sprint and they need to get on it....

VZW nor craptt is going anywhere regardless of the consolitdation of the rest of the losers in the wireless field tmetropcs hmmm... I've been calling them that for years.. now it is.
alpaca
join:2002-09-06
Massapequa, NY

alpaca to Woody79_00

to Woody79_00
Sprints 3g data network is almost unusable in some markets. I had purchased iphone5 and returned within 3 days. Couldnt even connect to app store and websites. Would get 0 download sometimes and .50 up. Usually it was around 20-60kb down on speedtest.net. Driving to work at 630am i was able to get 1mb down 3 hours later pretty much useless. This was on longisland in deer park , islandia , hauppauge. If they dont upgrade there network asap there going to lose a lot of subs
alpaca

alpaca to TuxRaiderPen2

to TuxRaiderPen2
They also got themselves into this mess when they started selling iphone. If your network is already performing badly and a majority of the cell sites have contention , u decide to sell a phone thats going to attract a lot of people. What happens now? . You have unlimited data but whats the point if you cant even get broadband speeds. Dial up on a iphone is rediculous . Sprint is pretty much the same as nextel now with speeds, unless you happen to live in a upgraded area. I could have waited 6-9 months for possibly good speed but why would i pay a min of 80 a month for dial up speeds.

Ha
@comcast.net

Ha to TuxRaiderPen2

Anon

to TuxRaiderPen2
Really? A Knights Tale reference? ..... Actually..... LOVE IT!

solveforce
solveforce
Premium Member
join:2007-03-08
Yorba Linda, CA

solveforce to big_e

Premium Member

to big_e
I have used Sprint for years and they have worked fine for me. Every provider has strengths and weaknesses especially as it relates to coverage area. Depending on who gives you the best coverage and pricing plans will usually determine who goes with what provider. Sprint will be fine. I am sure other people say the same thing about Verizon and AT&T is certain situations.