v35_pilot
Whoops, there goes another AMU
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Fayetteville, NY

v35_pilot

Premium Member

Blockbuster only for shipped discs

I am a Dish customer and have been using this Blockbuster service only for DVDs and Blu-Rays shipped directly to my home.

In my experience I gave up on their streaming service way back at the beginning. The interface for locating and choosing movies was just horrible, especially after I was spoiled by Netflix's much cleaner and user-friendly interface.

If there were one area where Dish needed to spend money, it was in a significant overhaul of that interface.

Hopefully Dish keeps the disc-to-home service, because it is a viable alternative to Netflix's comparable offering.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I agree. Though as a Dish/Blockbuster subscriber, we weren't allowed access to Blockbuster streams. Though we could goto www.dishonline.com and stream anything that we subscribed to through Dish. But all Dish online is, is a reskinned Hulu [or so it feels].

So all we get are DVDs and games from the Blockbuster mail service.
Before I was paying for gamefly/netflix. Gamefly is 16 bucks a month, long turn around time.
Now I get blockbuster/netflix. Blockbuster through dish 10 bucks a month, better turn around then gamefly and I can get movies or games.

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm to v35_pilot

to v35_pilot
FULLY AGREED - Ergen has no fuckin clue about this whatsoever, I hope he keeps his stupid old shaky hands off of my mail-based service.

For shipped Blu-Rays and DVDs Blockbuster is GREAT, much nicer than Netflix.