Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere

Re: CallCentric tech issues today?

said by Davesnothere:

Wondering will they be PUBLICLY releasing the new info or emailing it to each customer ?

Publicly would probably not be good. No need to feed the criminals.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 recommendation

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

said by Davesnothere:

Wondering will they be PUBLICLY releasing the new info or emailing it to each customer ?

Publicly would probably not be good. No need to feed the criminals.

Exactly my point.

So PLEASE nobody should repost it here.

Of course, a 'good' criminal would also have a CallCentric account, yes ?
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35

would it be possible to give each account a unique sip server, by doing that they can track the "good" criminal that is causing the flooding?

hawk82
join:2001-04-26
centralmaine

1 recommendation

hawk82

said by bigpapae35:

would it be possible to give each account a unique sip server, by doing that they can track the "good" criminal that is causing the flooding?

Over a new IPv6 system, yeah I bet that could be done.
Over the current IPv4 system, no not a chance. Not enough IP addresses left.
bigpapae35
join:2002-10-25
New York, NY

bigpapae35

said by hawk82:

said by bigpapae35:

Im not sure about that, I dont think you need a unique ip address for every subdomain. So lets say every cc customers new sip server address would be yourcallcentricnumber.callcentric.com, and they closed off all the other addresses from being attacked, they could mitigate the attack.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by bigpapae35:

Im not sure about that, I dont think you need a unique ip address for every subdomain. So lets say every cc customers new sip server address would be yourcallcentricnumber.callcentric.com, and they closed off all the other addresses from being attacked, they could mitigate the attack.

It would make life a bit more difficult for the criminals but it would not stop them. They only need to divide the attack in sub attacks, one for each CC number.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to hawk82

to hawk82
said by hawk82:

said by bigpapae35:

Wouldn't that cause problems for devices that don't support IPv6 such as end user phones like Gigaset and Cisco and Snom?
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by bigpapae35:

It would make life a bit more difficult for the criminals but it would not stop them. They only need to divide the attack in sub attacks, one for each CC number.

I'm still just trying to figure out if more then one phone setup on one Callcentric account can ring at the same time.