Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

Gas prices

Through the roof...
»www.kfiam640.com/pages/N ··· 10472147

"The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Los Angeles County recorded what is believed to be its largest single-day increase today, rising 19.2 cents to $4.539 -- its highest amount since July 12, 2008.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

Jumped up here too.
$4.65 for regular unleaded.

Postal8
First pull up, then pull down.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-30
Simi Valley, CA

Postal8 to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
$4.69 for 89 octane at Shell this morning in the industrial ghettos of Chattsworth.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon to aztecnology

to aztecnology
Just paid $4.19 at Arco in Seaside where it's normally $3.99. Other stations were selling at $4.69 for 87 octane.

- FM

Bloominite
Premium Member
join:2004-04-17

Bloominite to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
87 octane was $4.50 at AM/PM in Fontana today. I'm looking forward to buying my next tank. That'll be Wednesday in AZ.

ChrisJT
Premium Member
join:2001-12-20
Torrance, CA

ChrisJT to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
Paid $4.65 for regular in Lawndale yesterday.
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
Up here my local quickie mart jumped from $4.09 to $4.69 in two days.
Expand your moderator at work

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to PrntRhd

Premium Member

to PrntRhd

Re: Gas prices

said by PrntRhd:

There's a Chevron near my house and there the price jumped really fast. I lost track after a few changes, but the latest is now $4.65 for regular. Thankfully, I filled up last Thursday before the latest run-up. In one article I read, somebody only filled like half a tank which gave me the idea I will as well. At least, until sanity comes back into order.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA to PrntRhd

Premium Member

to PrntRhd
said by PrntRhd:

That's the price around Menifee/Sun City with a couple dipping as low as $4.63 (Arco).

I'm holding tight and staying home (which isn't hard as I'm unemployed) till prices dip below $4.25 which should be soon with the winter blend coming.

Wow, yesterday's Pius Prius is today's clean diesel (currently $4.45)

Bloominite
Premium Member
join:2004-04-17

Bloominite to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
The least expensive gas I saw as I left the IE yesterday morning was $4.62. The 1st station I spotted after crossing the AZ border on I-10 was $3.80.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
I wonder if there are cob webs on the gas pumps in Blythe yet.

shortckt
Watchen Das Blinken Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Tenant Hell

shortckt to aztecnology

Premium Member

to aztecnology
I was in Vegas the last weekend of September when the prices started spiking and one of the first things I noticed on arriving in Vegas was the lower gas prices. I got quite a shock at the price jump on returning to San Bernardino and then LA.

Thanks to the enviros and the NIMBY crowd there hasn't been a new refinery built in CA in decades. The ones that still exist run at near maximum capacity, but there's no "spare cycles" if anything goes wrong, or even if a refinery needs to be offline for maintenance. Add to that the state's requirement for Calif-only special fuel blends which means gas stations can't buy from out of state refiners/wholesalers and you have the makings of ridiculously high gas prices. Throw in a pipeline breakdown and a refinery fire at the same time and you have the perfect storm.

According to some media sources some gas stations are refusing to pay to refill their storage tanks at these high prices, choosing to sell out and then close the pumps while they ride this out.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

said by shortckt:

According to some media sources some gas stations are refusing to pay to refill their storage tanks at these high prices, choosing to sell out and then close the pumps while they ride this out.

Because they don't want to sell at a loss. Down there, I heard Price Club let themselves run out of gas. Up here, they still kept selling.

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to shortckt

Premium Member

to shortckt
said by shortckt:

I was in Vegas the last weekend of September when the prices started spiking and one of the first things I noticed on arriving in Vegas was the lower gas prices. I got quite a shock at the price jump on returning to San Bernardino and then LA.

That has more to do with taxes than anything else. I believe Nevada gets most of its gas from California refineries.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA

Premium Member

said by brian:

said by shortckt:

That has more to do with taxes than anything else. I believe Nevada gets most of its gas from California refineries.

So Moonbeam could give us a tax holiday on gasoline reducing the price of 87 below diesel.

Yea, and monkeys could fly out of my butt.