spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

akz080

@look.ca

[Express] Rogers Cisco CP3825 Modem/Router Combo - Video Streami

Ive read up on these guys and so far they dont seem so bad my wireless signal is great surfing is fine etc. However I noticed some differences when streaming videos online namely, 180upload billionuploads gorillavid etc. Normally those load up quickly at my parents house (teksavvy) however when I am at my place I am on Rogers Express 18mb and all streaming videos except for youtube are completely balls. Does this have anything to do with my internet connection or would disabling the router and using my own router ie: WRT54G change this? or am I fishing up the wrong pole?

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Re: [Express] Rogers Cisco CP3825 Modem/Router Combo - Video Str

For one thing, Billion Uploads is a known malware site. Billionuploads isn't allowing anyone to stream videos unless they install codec-v and Codec-V contains Malware according to some sources.

Video streaming is more directly dependant on your installed computer hardware capabilities.

Also, proper video card selection/installation is directly related to monitor size and resolution. The bigger the monitor/higher resolution = higher end video card/more onboard video ram.

Please post your system specs for further comment........

akz080

@look.ca

its a c2d cant remember mhz and all but it does have a video card with hdmi output. I tested it both on my parents home and my home and the video is fine but at my rogers place it keeps on buffering. I can download no problem from those sites (i dont specifically use billion uploads etc just an example). Its just the streaming portion.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

said by akz080 :

its a c2d cant remember mhz and all but it does have a video card with hdmi output.

best advice: download/install cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and post the make/model of the processor, ram, motherboard, video card and monitor size and resolution.

the odds are the issue is 98% hardware related and 2% internet related...............this is why some of us pay the big bucks for the high end hardware.

it may not be your hardware but it's pointless going forward until we rule that out....