dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

Re: Major Payne grand master Pet Tamer

Well at this time im just giving up, going to just work on capturing all the rare pets and level up to 90. He is just to hard for me for now.

I will keep searching the interwebs to find a team comp that works and then make that team myself. pet battling was fun up till now.
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows

My wife is stuck on this guy too. What she is trying is leveling up a rare dragon, rare mechanical and rare toad. I will let you know if that works. It looks like all will have to be level 25 or you will have no chance.
Jodokast

Jodokast

ya my team is 25, but im starting to work on other classes to get to 25 since my current team just gets owned, team is human, critter, mech

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
forgive me for the noob question, and i'm sure there are a ton of links/answers on this... but you guys keep saying capturing... if you fight a pet you keep it?

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

Once it gets to a certain helth % you have the option to trap it, and if you do you keep it.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

how do you do that? I think I did one battle for quest exp... and I think I just outright killed it, I don't remember..
Jodokast

1 edit

Jodokast

when you are fighting a pet, at 35% remaining health a capture box will light up, instead of attacking with a damage attack, click the capture box, you start off with a low % to capture, but on each miss it goes up by +20% to capture, the worst it took me was six tries. since on the 5th miss/try its +100% to capture

once you seccessfully capture the pet, its yours and added to your pet journal

DasGoat
@sbcglobal.net

DasGoat to Antonica

Anon

to Antonica
Pictures and more information about catching a pet. »www.warcraftpets.com/wow ··· battles/

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Jodokast

MVM

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

You can only capture one pet per battle.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

said by Jodokast:

You can only capture one pet per battle.

What about battles where multiple pets attack you?

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

What about battles where multiple pets attack you?

Just one, that's how I found out about the limit. I attacked the first one and captured it, and didn't have the second one yet and got a message that you can only capture one. I see the point in it, you wouldn't have to kill any, just get them under 35% and capture them all. Just a bummer when a later pet is one that you want more.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Another question do you get XP when you capture a pet?

I ask because I've been more into leveling my lil'rag than "gotta catch em all" and if I don't get XP when capturing them then I don't think I will.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge

Premium Member

You still get XP if you capture.

also, you can see the other pets that might be in the battle in the upper right.
Jodokast

Jodokast

Still no luck on beating him, if anyone ever does. please post your team\type that you used, thank you

ctrip
Islam is a Religion of Peace
Premium Member
join:2002-07-16
New Cumberland, PA

ctrip

Premium Member

I finally beat him. I used the following rare (blue) pets:

Clockwork Gnome - lvl 24 Mechanical
Topaz Shale Hatchling - lvl 24 Elemental
Alpine Chipmunk - lvl 25 Critter

I think the key is to match up with the right type of pets. He has a beast, mechanical, and elemental. Ideally you'd want:

A Mechanical pet to go against his Beast
An Elemental to go against his Mechanical
A Dragonkin to go against his Elemental

I didn't have a Dragonkin which is why i used my lvl 25 Alpine Chipmunk, but I did manage to eek out a victory and then eeked out a 2nd victory now that he is available for dailies.

Hope this helps.
Jodokast

Jodokast

Thank you Ctrip, you are Awesome!

Now I have a plan, going to take me a bit of time to actually level that team up. I do have a 25 mech, just need to level a beast and Dragonkinto 25
Jodokast

Jodokast

Great news, I finally was able to make a team to beat Major Payne and have beaten all the other Grand Masters even the last one where the pets are orange-legendary level.

In my opinion, Major Payne was and still is the hardest of them all to beat.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

wow legendary pets?

well I guess that pet quality upgrade thing will be very useful when its added, but will it go past epic?

and what quality is the pet that's unlocked from the FL staff quest chain?
Jodokast

Jodokast

you definitely want to use all "rare" quality pets and lil Deathy-dragonkin is irreplacable, hits like a mack truck

dont know about the FL-pet, non-raider. at work so cant look up the answer, but i do want to know more i just might have to see if i can find a raid group to do the quest chain, i am a pet collector and that would force me into some raiding

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

The FL pet I'm talking about is the one that's unlocked when the guild gets the achievement for someone having the legendary staff.

IMO it'd make since for that pet to be legendary.
which btw I want to make the staff, just need to get further along in the xpak before we look at doing old raids like that.
Jodokast

Jodokast

oh I got that pet, its called lil tarecgosa, dont remember his class type tho.
Jodokast

Jodokast

oh i missed part of what you said, no the pets not legendary level, i think its rare level. there is no pet at legendary level yet. poor, common, uncommon and rare. but the last grand master uses legendary level pets. makes it a lot harder fight, but as i said, that fight isnt nearly as hard as fighting Major Payne. once you can beat him, all the rest are easy.

battle masters do have Epic pet levels and last has legendary

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well they said there's going to be a pet quality upgrade item that'll have a a chance to drop from the bag you get for beating the NPC trainers, so I wonder if it'll be able to upgrade past rare.
Jodokast

Jodokast

I just read about in the pet bags there is a chance at a rare pet pocupine=porcupette? and in patch 5.1 a quest to get an elemental pet, a choice of one of the four elements and then the bag l has a chance to possibly drop the others that you didnt get. but that may or may not happen. only sure thing is the quest reward pet.

so i have been each day now logging onto my alts that are parked next to each grand master, doing them all each day(want the pet)

since there is no time for me to play alts at least i can save time by loggin onto the alts at the master locations

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I'll look it up later (at home)
but they said there will be some kind of stone that will improve the quality of a pet.

there will be 1 for each type and 1 that's extra rare that'll work on any pet.

it should improve uncommon to rare but they didn't go into detail so if might/might not be usable on a rare.
Jodokast

Jodokast

oh I hope so, I am working on an all Rare collection and some pets seem to be crazy hard to find as a rare, pet Larva-uncommon, Snowshoe hare-uncommon, Wanderer's Festival Hatchling-poor, just cant seem to them in Rare.

I would love to have an ability to upgrade a couple pets! be nice to stop farming for a hard to find rare to upgrade.

so do you know if these stones are going to be in next patch? will they be a quest or possible chance in pet bag?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Super low chance from the bag you get for beating trainers.

as I said they said there'd be 1 stone for each type and 1 everything stone.

so when it goes live you might get one but it might be for the wrong type that you want to upgrade.

and it might be able to be used on rares to upgrade to epic (but I'd wait to see if anyone tries that.)
Jodokast

Jodokast

thats really cool!

I wonder if the stone will be BOP, I hope not, it would be really nice to get a stone and be able to trade with others to help another pet battler out, I have almost all the pets that you can tame as rares but a few, think im 98% all rares now.

thats a really nice idea Blizzard came out with! I am looking forward to it, since I spend enough time as it is just doing pet battles to level my pets up

cant wait to see how it works out, im very happy about it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

quote:
»www.mmo-champion.com/con ··· tober-18
Pet Battles

•A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.

•Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose and family specific Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. Family specific Flawless-Battlestones will be of the same family as the pets that were defeated. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
Ok I remembered it partialy wrong