All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AliceZ
join:2007-06-24
NYC

AliceZ

Remote Control for Scientic Atlantic Explore 4250HDC.

My remote (gray in color) is not working propertly.
#1- Can I get a new free remote from TW?
#2- Is there a TW service station on Quessns Blvd. in Queens, NY?
#3- If/when I do go, do I have to bring anything with me?
#4- Will they give me thw same remote I've always had (many years), or will they give me a newer one (that might not work with my HDC)?

If I am not mistaken, I am paying a monthly fee for this remote. Is that correct.

Thanks for any assistance.
Re: Scientic Atlantic Explore 4250HDC.

mckenna797
Premium Member
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY

mckenna797

Premium Member

the twc store is on the lower level of the queens center mall yes they will change your remote but you may get the samt model you have . it just depends on what they have in stock

AliceZ
NYC

AliceZ

Thank you.

#1- Would they charge me for the new one?
#2- If they gave me a new model, would/should it work with my box (4250 HDC) and TV (Toshiba HD)? (I don't know how to tell what model I have now. Nothing printed on bottom.)
#3- Someone gave me TW remote, model 1056B03. I could get it to work with my TV, however could not get it to work with my HDC. In part of the instructions it says to click on the CBL button and then on SETUP and then put in the numbers 991 and keep pressing until box turns off. But as I saiid, nothing happens.

mckenna797
Premium Member
Astoria, NY

mckenna797

Premium Member

1 they will exchange the remote no charge
2 it should work with your box
3 if you have trouble programming the remote , go to the TWC Myservices website , they have instructions on programing the remotes

AliceZ
NYC

AliceZ

Where might that be? I tried several areas on the TWC Myservices, with no luck.

mckenna797
Premium Member
Astoria, NY
Netgear CM700
Asus RT-AC68

mckenna797

Premium Member

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· ult.ashx

click on support at the top of the page then scroll halfway down and click programming your remote

AliceZ
NYC

1 edit

AliceZ

Thank you. I see it and it has my current remote listed there UR4-P360i, but not the one someone gave me, which has the the number 1056B03 on back. It also has Tthe TW emblem on the front (at bottom). Maybe it is very old or maybe not TW product. Who knows now-a-days.

*** The person who just gave me his extra TW remote control also just found the leaflet which says it is model URC1056. However, I cannot find out how to set it up to work with the HDC box.
Anyone know how?
Satch
join:2009-11-25

2 edits

Satch

Alice,

This page has the instructions for your remote. Click on the Download Instructions at this site to view them:

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· oteID=32

I assume you have Adobe Reader or equivalent on your computer. If you do not you can download it here:

»get.adobe.com/reader/

Satch

PS. If the print is too small for the programing your remote document, look for a + sign in the reader window to make the text bigger. You will need to write down the codes for your TV, that you want the remote to control. This should help! Be sure to uncheck the McAfee Security prompt on the page before installing the reader. If you already have a PDF reader, the instructions will just open when you click on the download prompt at the site above with the remote on it.

AliceZ
NYC

AliceZ

#1- The remote I was recently given by my neighbor does not appear to be listed on the page you supplied. The remote they gave me has model number listed as URC1056.

#2- Where is the TW service center in Queens, NY where I can exchange my old non-working remote (URH P360s). I believe it is on Queens Boulevard. Is it open on Saturday and/or Sunday?

Thank you kindly.

jacko15
@rr.com

jacko15

Anon

Call: 1-877-772-2253 This is the TWC customer service number. They can answer that question.

AliceZ
NYC

1 edit

AliceZ

I've gotten the new remote to work with the TV, but how do I get it to work with the cable box?
How do I get this remove URC1056 to work with the SA cable box?
AliceZ

AliceZ to jacko15

to jacko15
Wait is just to long............
GuyinLACA
join:2010-12-11
Arcadia, CA

GuyinLACA to AliceZ

to AliceZ
Keep in mind, Time Warner uses Samsung and Motorola boxes in some areas so you will need to find the code under cable boxes > Scientific Atlanta in the manual. The procedure is unlocking the provider lock (simple) then reassigning it to Scientific Atlanta. Its all in the online manual.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch to AliceZ

to AliceZ
said by AliceZ:

I've gotten the new remote to work with the TV, but how do I get it to work with the cable box?
How do I get this remove URC1056 to work with the SA cable box?

In the instructions for programing the remote, there should be a section on how to program your remote so that the TV and Remote's on/off functions are controlled with the Power button. You need to follow the "Program Your Remote" instructions for having your TV also turn off with the power button. (The cable box will always turn off with the power button by default.)

Satch
GuyinLACA
join:2010-12-11
Arcadia, CA

GuyinLACA to AliceZ

to AliceZ
Try this, hit the CBL function once, then hold down setup until it blinks twice, enter 0877 and it should work. If not, repeat using 1877 instead

AliceZ
NYC

1 edit

AliceZ to GuyinLACA

to GuyinLACA
Thank you.

I tried the 0877 and 1877, but no go.

You said: "The procedure is unlocking the provider lock (simple) then reassigning it to Scientific Atlanta. Its all in the online manual."

Where might I find that "online manual?"

I finally spoke to someone from TW and they said they would call back in 15 minutes. After a 3 hours wasit I called back and the person I spoke to said the remote should automatically work with the cable box "right out of the box," and I did not have to program it to work with the SA cable box.
So, at this moment, I am quite confused as you can well imagine.

Don't know if I ever will get this "new" URC1056 remote to work with my SA box.

Vertigo
@mpionbroadband.com

Vertigo

Anon

If you haven't gotten it yet,

»www.urcsupport.com/image ··· 1056.pdf

Page 17
terrid15
join:2012-12-30
Palm Springs, CA

terrid15 to Satch

to Satch
The small pamphlet that came with the remote control doesn't provide this information. We're serviced by Time Warner and I've been able to link both tv and cable box before we bought a new tv. Maybe TW can tell me how to link both?
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to AliceZ

to AliceZ
AliceZ, you probably need a new remote. Until then, you may just have to use 2 remotes, one for the box and the one which came with your tv, (to turn tv on and off and volume). I always used both remotes after switching tv's because it was easier (for me). After you get the new remote, call customer service or billing (not sales) and insist the rep stay on the line with you until all programming options have been tried.