silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Cat food and cable TV rates

Imon is just an awesome company. They still don't have a cap and have great customer service.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I miss living in Cedar Rapids (IA) as everything there was cheaper. My mom took a job in Springfield (MA) and with my aging grandmother (who lives in Maine), we relocated to Springfield, MA. I heard that Mediacom went downhill since I left CR.

As for Comcast, I have yet another truck roll scheduled today and I'm afraid they'll plug the meter in, say the signal is fine, and refer the issue to their do-nothing line techs.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Mediacom's customer service could use some help, but I think they are improving. They were pretty bad for a while, but Imon and Centurylink have been pretty aggressive lately, so they have had to wake up. And Southslope is giving them some pretty good competition outside of Cedar Rapids.

Good old comcast. Glad they are not in this area. Who is the telco in your area? Centurylink?

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by silbaco:

Good old comcast. Glad they are not in this area. Who is the telco in your area? Centurylink?

In most of Southern New England (Massachusetts where I live and most of Rhode Island) it is Verizon. In Connecticut, they have AT&T. Verizon sold off most of Norther New England (ME, NH, and VT) to FairPoint. Verizon lately has neglected their DSL/POTS network, sold off their payphone business to PTS, and they are focusing their resources on their FiOS (FTTH) network available in the eastern third of Massachusetts and parts of RI. They seem to refuse to upgrade the part of the state of Massachusetts (Springfield) where I live to FiOS so it gives Comcast a defacto monopoly on Broadband as DSL only goes to 3/768 where my current Comcast connection goes up to 50/10.

Verizon is the dominant telco in much of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states with the exception of the areas they sold off to cut rate telcos.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I heard that Mediacom went downhill since I left CR.

well, when i first got mediacom ~4 years ago, we did not have a modem rental fee, did not pay extra for voice mail on phone, did not have bandwidth caps with overage fees, did not have an MTA rental fee (phone modem) and did not have a 3 strikes and your banned for life DMCA policy.

we have all of that now. and dont even get me started on the DVR rental fee's...