Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit

[Indy] Cities in Indy where I can get BrightHouse

Click for full size
BrightHouse=Pink, Comcast=Purple, Insight=Yellow
Click for full size
BrightHouse coverage
I'm planning to move to Indiana in the next few months and have done quite a bit of research on ISPs out there. I'd like to go with BrightHouse but I'm having a hard time figuring out what cities we have to choose from (I work from home so the commute isn't an issue).

What's the best way to tell where BrightHouse has coverage? Is there a map or list of cities available? I was looking in Brownsburg, which looks covered according to these maps but when I used a Brownsburg address at BrightHouse.com it said service wasn't available.

Boilermaker

join:2001-12-20
Carmel, IN
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit
I am not sure exactly where BrightHouse and Comcast boundaries are. I can say that my home in Carmel is in BrightHouse territory. Some of my family in the Northeast side of Indy is in Comcast territory.

It may be easier to decide where (schools, surrounding area, apartments vs house, activities) you want to live to help narrow the selection choice. The cities of Carmel and Zionsville probably have the best school districts in the state which help resale value of a house assuming you are getting a house.

For arts, Carmel has the The Center for the Performing Arts. Also, Carmel is the roundabout capital of the U.S.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to netobok
said by netobok:

I'm planning to move to Indiana in the next few months and have done quite a bit of research on ISPs out there. I'd like to go with BrightHouse but I'm having a hard time figuring out what cities we have to choose from (I work from home so the commute isn't an issue).

What's the best way to tell where BrightHouse has coverage? Is there a map or list of cities available? I was looking in Brownsburg, which looks covered according to these maps but when I used a Brownsburg address at BrightHouse.com it said service wasn't available.

The best way for you to check this is simply to call us. Do you need the number for your area?
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

netobok

join:2012-10-05
Avon, IN
Reviews:
·Bright House
said by BHNtechXpert:

The best way for you to check this is simply to call us. Do you need the number for your area?

I'm looking at the whole Indianapolis region, but I only want to be looking at houses that can get BrightHouse service. Are you saying to call for each address, or to call once for the whole region?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to netobok
Oh okay....this is a tough one...honestly I am not in Indy but if you call they can tell you instantly if it is serviceable or not.

netobok

join:2012-10-05
Avon, IN
Alright, I'll give them a call to see if they have more information about cities and regions.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to netobok
That would be your best bet. All addresses are loaded into our CMS and if an address is serviceable or not they will know.