how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CallmeJimmyJ

@verizon.net
reply to scla

Re: Is FiOS getting TWC SportsNet?

Why do I have to pay for a Big 10 Network, The LongHorn Network (Texas) the Tennis Channel etc? I live in LA County and I cant even watch USC/UCLA, as well as the Lakers? Give me a break. What kind of business are you guys running? Who makes that decision? I mean seriously I just noticed a new 24 hour/day "Barbie Channel"? Really VErizon? I pay good money to watch my favorite teams. If $300 a month in bills isnt good enough, what is?

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
Who makes the decision? The NBA, the broadcast owner, and also the other rebroadcast owners. They all negotiate to their interest. One party wants the most for their channel, the other party wants to pay the least. If time warner wants to charge 100 bucks a subscriber per month, you expect verizon to just cave in and take a loss on behalf of customer's interest in Basketball? Makes 0 business sense

You are free to do what you like, companies have no obligation to provide you the channel - just because, and you are not obligated to stay with verizon depending on your terms of agreement you signed.

As for the part about deserving to know what is going on behind the scenes.... i deserve to win the lotto, because i said so.. lol

tnsprin

join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to CallmeJimmyJ
said by CallmeJimmyJ :

Why do I have to pay for a Big 10 Network, The LongHorn Network (Texas) the Tennis Channel etc? I live in LA County and I cant even watch USC/UCLA, as well as the Lakers? Give me a break. What kind of business are you guys running? Who makes that decision? I mean seriously I just noticed a new 24 hour/day "Barbie Channel"? Really VErizon? I pay good money to watch my favorite teams. If $300 a month in bills isnt good enough, what is?

Barbie channel is not a real channel and its not new. ITs an ondemand ad, and they change what ad is up from time to time. Only thing good about it is Verizon gets paid for it keeping the next increase down a bit.