uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to CanadianRip

Re: Any Canadian farmers care to comment?

said by CanadianRip:

Monstano corn is totally safe!

That's why France is banning it:

»www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-1···orn.html

... and if you read the article that you posted, you would know that they're temporarily banning it because of potential environmental impact, not because it's unsafe for human consumption.

This same bullshit is rampant in Canada over rBST. Health Canada to this day still maintains that BSA is 100% perfectly safe for human consumption and has never said anything to the contrary; it wasn't approved due to health effects on cows being treated with it, not the people who consume their milk. Yet, that sure doesn't stop the anti-everything troglodytes for going on and on and on about how horrible it is for people because Canada doesn't use it!

CanadianRip

join:2009-07-15
Oakville, ON
said by Gone:

This same bullshit is rampant in Canada over rBST. Health Canada to this day still maintains that BSA is 100% perfectly safe for human consumption and has never said anything to the contrary; it wasn't approved due to health effects on cows being treated with it, not the people who consume their milk. Yet, that sure doesn't stop the anti-everything troglodytes for going on and on and on about how horrible it is for people because Canada doesn't use it!

Wrong article I posted:

»www.policymic.com/articles/15889···ttention

As for rBST; there was an inquiry done showing that Health Canada official's where bribed by industry. It's going back but that was my recollection.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by CanadianRip:

As for rBST; there was an inquiry done showing that Health Canada official's where bribed by industry. It's going back but that was my recollection.

There were allegations of that kind of stuff, but its ultimately irrelevant because Health Canada didn't approve the stuff and have no reason to claim it would be safe for human consumption if it wasn't.