All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
handsomektim
join:2012-10-05

handsomektim

plz help for my S3,insufficient storage availableta ver much

I keep getting an error from the market, insufficient storage available. The app is only 10mb and i have over 8gb free on the sd and internal. How do i fix this?
handsomektim

handsomektim

plz do me a favour to solve this problem . ta very much

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
Try using App2SD and see what happens. There's a free version.

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
With android this quite often the message you see for an incompatible app. What app' are you trying to load?
handsomektim

handsomektim to Juggernaut

to Juggernaut
Thx,I have already tried to use app2,but accomplished nothing.on the other hand ,whatever apps I could not install.it always say "insufficient storage available",I have already cleared the date from application manager ,but wasn't able to. I really don't know what's going on the s3.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

So how much internal space do you have available, how big is the rejucted app, and what Android version???

Until ICS all apps had to be put in a pretty small partition of the internal memory.

App2SD can alleviate that in many cases, but not all apps can be moved. And depending on the device structure sometimes just moves it outside the fixed partition but still on the internal mem not the ext card.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
said by handsomektim:

Thx,I have already tried to use app2,but accomplished nothing.on the other hand ,whatever apps I could not install.it always say "insufficient storage available",I have already cleared the date from application manager ,but wasn't able to. I really don't know what's going on the s3.

You have to move old apps (not the new one, that you try to install now) with App2SD before you install any new apps. Then, when you free space on your /data partition with help of App2SD - you'll be able to install new apps.
handsomektim

handsomektim to Hayward0

to Hayward0
Thx in bundle ,I have 8g space as ext card and internal memory and the version is 4.0.1 .I simply updated the Google
map,but still wasn't able to.
I figured out how to deal with the app2 and some apps can not be moved.all in all ,I have enough storage to install it which is all of the apps.,however,there was showing up *insufficient storage available*,when I virtually download or update .
handsomektim

handsomektim to OZO

to OZO
Thx,I did .I moved the old apps already,and tried downloading the new apps ,but still wasn't able to ,my mobile is S3 Samsung ,the version is 4.0.1 ,cause I didn't root that .I might as well post the pic here,but how to deal with ?

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0 to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
Well I am surprised that is happening under ICS which has very dynamic memory management.

Very common under 2.x with its fixed APP partition area especially phones with 1GB or under internal mem. (Also especially if you take/DL a lot of photo/videos and don't move to SD/offload them.) That storage defaults to internal storage and yet to find an app (or as of ICS the OS) that lets you change that. Different folder but not different card.

But you haven't really answered the question, of not how much installed memmory you have, but if you go into settings under storage, how much AVAILABLE memory is on each card??

PS Maps is pretty huge, and you need basically TWICE its space to install. As first you down load the APK file and then install the same amount, before the APK file is deleted after successful install.

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976

Try to remove app and reinstall. If you have had the phone less than 2 weeks i'd say exchange. Might be defective!

@l3x
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
First, don't even try app2SD. Apps on the S3 cannot be stored/ran from the SD card. I doubt it's going to screw anything up but it's certain not going to help.

MagicalPig
join:2008-07-25

MagicalPig to handsomektim

to handsomektim

While I do not have a S3 I do have a GNEX. I am going to go along with PeeWee. When I upgraded from ICS to JB I noticed a few apps just did not want to work properly - FC and such. When I uninstalled and tried to reinstall the app I got the same message. I had plenty of space available (no sd card) I was also able to install other apps with out a problem. So I just figured it was a compatibility issue. If any one is wondering two of the apps were dictionary.coms's and 7online (NYC ABC affiliate)

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to handsomektim

Premium Member

to handsomektim
What app are you trying to install?
43260897 (banned)
join:2012-09-21

43260897 (banned)

For sufficient storage there are phones available in the market if you want it for GPS purposes then you can get android because it contains application google map for sharing a place on social networking sites.