uniqs
share rss forum feed

wa2ibm
Premium
join:2000-10-10
San Jose, CA
reply to Draiman

Re: Garage addition

I have been watching your project from early on and have really enjoyed both the photos and your descriptions. I think you have a really great addition to your home.

I can't tell from the last set of photos, so you might have already thought of this. I know the electrician installed one outlet upstairs, but have you made accommodations for any future electrical requirements upstairs?

If'n it were me, I'd include a conduit from the garage panel up into the wall of the upstairs area so more circuits could be pulled later, as required. Alternatively, some additional Romex runs from the garage panel, stubbed off upstairs for later use.

Great work - hope you enjoy your addition.
--
- Bill

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by wa2ibm:

I have been watching your project from early on and have really enjoyed both the photos and your descriptions. I think you have a really great addition to your home.

I can't tell from the last set of photos, so you might have already thought of this. I know the electrician installed one outlet upstairs, but have you made accommodations for any future electrical requirements upstairs?

If'n it were me, I'd include a conduit from the garage panel up into the wall of the upstairs area so more circuits could be pulled later, as required. Alternatively, some additional Romex runs from the garage panel, stubbed off upstairs for later use.

Great work - hope you enjoy your addition.

There was no thoughts of future electrical upstairs yet. That's a good idea to put in a conduit. When the electrician's return to finish up I'll ask about it. Thanks!
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!