Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dagnabit

join:2007-02-17
Warren, MI

1 edit

MLB Network (No Tiger Game Sunday?)

I'm just venting here, but it really sucks that we won't be able to watch the Tiger playoff game this Sunday because WOW doesn't get MLB Network. I really hope this is the only time this happens.

dfs

@wideopenwest.com

Re: MLB Network

I don't care as it would raise my cable bill probably anyway.

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI

1 edit
reply to Dagnabit

Re: MLB Network (No Tiger Game Sunday?)

You're venting about the wrong thing. How are all 162 regular season Tiger games available on basic cable, but not a playoff game? Are any other playoff games for any other playoff team only available on MLB network? The answer is no.

Dagnabit

Warren, MI

Huh? It's available on Comcast, but not WOW? How am I venting about the wrong thing? Please explain...

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21
reply to Dagnabit

Be pissed at MLB if you want, but it's been plainly obvious for years that WOW doesn't care about sports fans. WOW is the only major cable provider without NFL Network, for instance.

Dagnabit

Warren, MI

I'm pissed at WOW AND MLB.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

No one's as pissed as I am. But WOW is a minor blame in this fiasco.

I want to understand every scumbag deal by these broadcasters but they hide behind press releases and bullshit. I'm sensing the blame is largely on TBS for somehow not getting 2 playoff games. How did this happen? Ha!!!... just try to find out. Anyone?

And be aware this crap may occur again on Wed the 10th, the OTHER day TBS covers only 3 of 4 games. Schedules, so far, are idiotically confusing.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to Dagnabit

I don't know if any of this will help as an alternate...they are comments at the detroit news site..

Tigers-A's Game 2 set for 12:07 Sunday on MLB Network
»www.detroitnews.com/article/2012···-Network

For those who would like to let WOW know of their displeasure in NOT offering the MLB Network, here is their Facebook "buzz" page: »www.facebook.com/thewowbuzz.

You can watch any live sporting event at www.vipbox.tv

The ads only pop up one time at the beginning. It's not as good as a 50 inch plasma with cable and surround sound, but if you don't have the MLB Network or you want to watch a different NFL game than the one CBS or Fox is showing in your area then this is a solution. I know MLB has to "eat too", but I lcan live with myself for "stealing" the Tigers VS Oakland on a Sunday afternoon.
It will say you have to download something, but you don't. Just ignore the instructions telling you that you need to download "whatever" and close the one or two ads that pop up. You will be good to go. Again, ANY live sporting event. GO TIGERS!!!

MLB.tv available via AppleTv, iPad & iPhone app. You can get all camera angles too. Pretty cool.

Joe, you might be interested in this, I was just starting to look at your post when my sister in Ypsilanti called. Before I got to your post, I had called her and told her to call her cable provider, which happened to have been Comcast. The guy told her to punch up #740. She tried that. It only went to #739. She told him that. He told her to click up one number. She did that and---voila---she got #740 and now, she says, she'll be able to watch the MLB network. If you have Comcast, I hope that works for you. By the way, what do you think of "The Big Lug" now, LOL?

--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI

Thanks, NG! This is the best I've seen. I might have to rig some extra CPU fans for &^%$ Flash, though.

Expand your moderator at work

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI
reply to Dagnabit

Re: MLB Network (No Tiger Game Sunday?)

It's just one game. Listen to it on the radio, it'll be better than the crappy play-by-play that the cable networks provide.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Bill_MI

Hope it works Bill..took a look at it myself earlier and seems to be ok for those flash link..will be watching myself..Grand Rapids guy here as a kid and I follow those tigers.

»www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/baseball.html

madrhino

join:2004-07-03
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Name Game:

Hope it works Bill..took a look at it myself earlier and seems to be ok for those flash link..will be watching myself..Grand Rapids guy here as a kid and I follow those tigers.

»www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/baseball.html

Any way to use it without installing their media player?Smells like honey.
--
Get Verizon FIOS,The Anti-DIOS

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

said by madrhino:

Any way to use it without installing their media player?Smells like honey.

Was testing in a VM (yeah, I see the scripting-hell concern). The content just started playing with nothing downloaded (shrug). We'll see when the distribution overloads. I often have 1270AM/97.1FM up, anyway.

baess

join:2011-01-28
reply to Jeremy W

said by Jeremy W:

WOW is the only major cable provider without NFL Network, for instance.

I'm not sure how much it relates to the NFL Network (or MLB Network) issue and we are all subscribers so we are biased but I don't think WOW is considered a "major cable provider".

They've certainly made inroads, mostly through aquisitions, but they are still regional and not national. Being national would go a long way to being "major".

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Bill_MI

Click for full size
Working for me on the first link reload it again maybe ?

»www.vipboxsports.eu/watch/84073/···ine.html

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to madrhino

I am not using their player...

Dagnabit

Warren, MI

I'm watchiing, didn't have to download anything! Thanks, Name Game!!! Not the best picture, but it works!

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Name Game

Good success here, also.

Keep it full screen to avoid the dancing hippos.
I'm measuring about 500kbps.
Lag behind 97.1 about 15 seconds.
I was concentrating on the non-HD link. Big mistake.
Of course, it's far from HD. Highly compressed.

It's a winner and a LOT better than nothing.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Click for full size
Full screen CPU sure is high. It's the top pair of plots. On the bottom is bandwidth.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Bill_MI

Way to go guys..have a nice day. I am scouting for a new outfielder.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Bill_MI

did you see the button to turn out the lights top right on my chrome..it will black the background around the screen.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 recommendation

LOL! Sign that pooch!

Yep on turning the lights out.

Just more info in case anyone is still struggling. Go with the expectations. Let things time out. Chase the silly close "X"s that change size and move around.

In my case, NoScript "Allow All" a lot, disable Ghostery completely. Reload a lot.

This is a SolusOS distro I've been playing on. I'm not sure I'd want to allow a site like this to have at my normal o/s.

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 edit

OK..BTW no use for this..picked it up at a street sale in Ringtown PA a month ago..guys said he bought it but could not use it either...since purchased a new system.
GTS450NV-LF REV: 10
»www.evga.com/articles/00577/

BIOS Version 70 26 26 00 50.

Hate to see it go to waste..if anyone can use it or needs more info just IM me..no charge and I will mail it to you.
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to Bill_MI

said by Bill_MI:

LOL! Sign that pooch!

His name is Coco..think I'll pass.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Dagnabit

WooHoo! Thanks to Name Game See Profile for making it an awesome game.
(Don Kelly walk-off sac-fly in the 9th and the Tigers win 5-4)

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Great Game..lots of action...take care Bill.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
Royal Oak, MI
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Bill_MI

said by Bill_MI:

And be aware this crap may occur again on Wed the 10th, the OTHER day TBS covers only 3 of 4 games. Schedules, so far, are idiotically confusing.

An update about Wednesday. It looks like St. Louis / Washington fans get the same screwing with not-as-available MLBN we got here on Sunday.

Schedule: »mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.jsp?y=12

At the 50,000 foot view, it just looks like the classic big guys trying to squeeze the little guys. Nothing more.

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to Dagnabit

As long as it keeps my mill lower, For the 1-2 games a seasons MLB carries that I'd actually want, I am glad that WOW does not carry it. (same for NFL network)

NuclearXP

join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

As I understand it, us having WOW didn't even have an option period to get the game, right? I get some people don't want their bill nickle and dimed but I'm surprised that WOW is so strongly based out of the Michigan/Detroit area but dropped the ball on that game.