All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB to djoropallo

to djoropallo

Re: Verizon Cutting Live NFL Channel For Commercials!!!

I've seen it happen a few times across various channels, not just live events. It's rare enough that it's not bothering me though. But I could see it annoying people who watch a lot of sports and it keeps happening.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

They blacked out an entire series of downs last night, and the ads are all local, not national so they can't blame the NFL.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

said by djoropallo:

They blacked out an entire series of downs last night, and the ads are all local, not national so they can't blame the NFL.

As was stated earlier, the network sends an inaudible audio signal that tells Verizon's computers when it is clear to insert the local commercials. It's not like it some dude is sitting around pressing the "commercial button."

The question is whether NFL was sending the signal incorrectly or whether Verizon was reading a signal when one was not really sent.
djoropallo
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

said by knarf829:

said by djoropallo:

As was stated earlier, the network sends an inaudible audio signal that tells Verizon's computers when it is clear to insert the local commercials. It's not like it some dude is sitting around pressing the "commercial button."

The question is whether NFL was sending the signal incorrectly or whether Verizon was reading a signal when one was not really sent.

Well, since my neighbor that has Comcast doesn't have the problem I'd guess it is Verizon's fault.
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

knarf829

said by djoropallo:

said by knarf829:

said by djoropallo:

Well, since my neighbor that has Comcast doesn't have the problem I'd guess it is Verizon's fault.

Sounds like it. Have you reported it?
djoropallo
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

I called and they claim it is the NFL doing it.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA

Premium Member

said by djoropallo:

I called and they claim it is the NFL doing it.

Did you ask them why the NFL isn't doing it to Comcast?
djoropallo
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

Of course I did, it is like talking to a brick wall.