Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zevus

join:2010-11-29
Chandler, TX

Re: Slow speeds in NE Texas?

Resurrecting this thread possibly?

Anyone else been having issues the last 3 weeks in the Athens/Flint/Chandler area?

JLG

@embarqhsd.net
YES. Today, connections seem to be intermittent in the Leagueville area (location of DSLAM). Almost seems like I'm not able to hit the DNS consistently. Waiting excessively long times for almost every URL I enter. Just seems to have started this morning after losing DSL for a few minutes. Even now I'm waiting for this post to get acknowledged.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to zevus
Hello there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Our escalation team would be happy to help out and look intot this.

Please send the details to our team here: »on.fb.me/TALKTOUS

Reference the link to this forum, please.

Thanks!
-Doug

zevus

join:2010-11-29
Chandler, TX
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Click for full size
Well, I had a smokeping running earlier that I forgot to check before it erased, unfortunately.

Here's one for the last 30 hours, limited network traffic (some web browsing, pingplotter, etc).

It's not so bad yet, but it looks like it did, say, 3 years ago? Where it gradually worsened before being fixed about 1 1/2 years later.

I'll send more thorough details in a bit (w/ some pingplotter results and such).

ed: Oh, I was told on the phone it was due to bandwidth exhaust... which, well, is exactly what I thought it was. It's just odd in the manner that it began occurring. It was worse 3 weeks ago, got better for a bit, now it's getting worse again. Started the day after an outage of about 6 hours.

Coffee City

@embarqhsd.net
reply to zevus
We're getting virtually NO service in Coffee City from Centurylink at all...

Paying for 5-6mbps and getting less than 10% of that.
Sometimes even less than phone dial up 56k modems..

I was one of the first customer on DSL when Sprint owned the company.. ZERO problems then.. Embarq became the company.... ZERO speed problems from them.. CenturyLink took over and since last Sept nothing but problem, after problem..

Last week the entire ISP would not connect for over 18 hours... and after two calls they turned it back on.

It's been one excuse after another..

They now say we are on Permanent Exhaust, which is another nice way of saying FU, we're not going to fix it.

I have a home business, and we can't fax out, due to bad service..
The phones are full of static at times, We get an endless loop trying to make long distance calls, saying one dial you must dial 1 to make this call, then then next dial says you do not need to dial 1 to make this call..

They SLAMMED us into qwest that we never wanted, nor requested, and after paying for flat rate long distance...

I had better service with satellite internet, and thier's is horrible..

However, their billing department seems to work great, never late, always ready to disconnect you for failing to pay, always plenty of charges on the bill...

So if that department can provide top notch service, why cant' they deliver what they sold and we're paying for?

This is FRAUD.. plain and simple.

said by zevus:

Anyone else been having issues the last 3 weeks in the Athens/Flint/Chandler area?

Coffee City

@embarqhsd.net
I was in Tyler last week and used a friends ATT 10 mbps connection.. Only 10 miles away and they have excellent speed, and no lag at all connecting to the DNS servers..

Every page I tried was almost instant to the browser..

10 miles away Centurylink has put the area back into the dark ages of BBS-internet.... and treating everyone here as though we're stupid. Maybe if we move to the jungles of Vietnam or Laos, we can get modern internet... as long as CenturyLink is not there.

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to Coffee City
Hey Coffee City, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. If you would like further help with your internet service, please send us your information via our webform, and we'll be happy to help out: »bit.ly/IArNlt

Thanks,
B
CenturyLink Help Team

toby
Troy Mcclure

join:2001-11-13
Portland, OR
reply to zevus
CL should have a status page that lists all the problems that CL knows and admits to, other real ISPs do this.

»status.centurylink.com

This would save all people a lot of time.
Expand your moderator at work

CoffeeCityTx

@nctv.com
reply to zevus

Re: Slow speeds in NE Texas?

Thanks to the Boise CenturyLink people for trying to help...
I have no problem with any of the employees at CL, they have done all they can... Management best get off its a%%. This company has ruined the fine phone and internet service that Sprint upgraded this area to, after too many years with United who refused to do anything 21st century.

But enough is enough...
Northland Cable came through this neighborhood with fiber-optics and are replacing all old connection boxes, old wiring, old everything... and this is technically a rural area, and this community has less than 50 homes (est).

The only game in town is being uprooted by Northland... with better service, better prices...

With them I purchased 12 mbps, at less than I was paying for 6mbps (bumped down to 5 with centurylink)..

I am getting 16 mbps this morning on Northland. This after many weeks of only getting about .02-.7 with CenturyLink.

CenturyLink is writing their own obituary, and it's not their employees fault!!

For them to tell me I'm on permanent exhaust.. is telling me they don't care.. they are not going to do anything.. and its fraud to sell 5mbps and deliver .5 continuously. Down for 18 hours one day last week and it took two calls to get them to 'reboot' something.. all office problems..

I'm filing grievances with the Attorney General and the FTC.

BTW, I'm putting the final bill CL sends me into a permanent exhaust file... our engineers know about the problem..

said by zevus:

CoffeeCityTx

@nctv.com
reply to CenturyLink
Thanks B.
I did that already...
and my service got worse..

Moved to Northland...
and it's NOT Centurylink's employees fault.. It's management from the CEO down to the low level but* kisser..