JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to beachboy

Premium Member

to beachboy

Re: No file on site but recieve "Exceeded Storage" mes

You are referring to the space allocated by Charter? I haven't checked recently, but I seem to recall the default amount of space wasn't much. Are you sure you aren't trying to exceed amount allowed?

I also seem to recall that changes were not instant. But again, it's been years since I messed with it.

You can also contact Charter for clarification. I had speedy response from tech support for web page issues.

beachboy
@cencoast.com

beachboy

Anon

To clarify I currently deleted everything and have zero files on the site (that I can see anyway) so should have zero bytes on the site but still get the error/transfer abort when I try to ftp upload. I'll try again tonight as you seem to suggest the status may not be current. Also I'll try tech support when I can. Thanks

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize

Click for full size
What program are you using to FTP the files?
If you don't see any files you should be able to upload new files.
Charter Web page only supports 20MB, and don't support FPE and some other extentions.

I had no trouble uploading files to the limit and then deleteing them and uploading new files last month when i update my site.

beachboy
@charter.com

beachboy

Anon

To Clarify I have deleted everything on the site (to "root") and recreated the target folder and attempted to up load and got the "Exceeded" error. There should be zero files and zero bytes at the site. Another user had similar issue: »Web space size error. I am waiting on a call from tech support to help resolve. Thanks for the response, that' s what makes these work. Also how do you register? I couldn't find it!
beachboy

beachboy to mmainprize

Anon

to mmainprize
Click for full size
Thanks for the filezilla link it looks good, but still get the "Exceeds" error (see attached) trying to upload to an empty directory and no there are no file above, as far as I can see the whole thing is empty. Filezilla is a great way to view and seems to show .hidden files which isn't as transparent with the Mac terminal ftp
Balplanman
join:2006-08-30
Newtown, CT

Balplanman

Is there any chance the Charter disk space assigned to a user is also used to hold their email and you have a lot of email messages stored on the server?

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to beachboy

to beachboy
You should try and turn on the option to see hidden files. In the root you should find a file named ".quota" (see my screen shot above)
Check if that file is present. You may have delete it but i don't think you can, i am not sure.

If you don't see it, then try and make a blank file with that name so it can be written to during the file copy process.
If it does exist then try and delete it and upload again.

beachboy
@charter.com

beachboy

Anon

Resolved the issue by having Charter delete the site and I re-created it. Thanks for all the advice, I will look for the hidden .quota file as that was probably the culprit. Thanks again