spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TexasRebel

join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

[Exede] Easy way to end ViaSat service!!

Look what we have here that just arrived via UPS. ViaSat claims they will be terminating my account due to my dissatisfaction of service and the supposed written threats that i posted on their communist moderated forum. Any threats I made were not meant to be personal or taken seriously. The mods on their site apparently love to practice censorship and political correctness to the hilt.

Note to anyone willing to terminate their service with ViaSat, all you have to do is post on their forum your negative opinions about how the company abuses it's customers and do it in a threatening kind of manner and they will terminate your service and waive the termination fee and current service charge...

ViaSat's legal department wouldn't work with me on fixing my dissatisfaction, I told them to send a installer out to get their crap off my house and I'll go with Hughesnet, which will be cheaper and more data. There's no LNFZ, but I imagine that in 6 months or so, Hughesnet will follow ViaSat in having one to gain more customers.

$115 for 40GB split into (2) 20GB chunks with Hughesnet. or $150 for 25GB and LNFZ with ViaSat which halfass works most of the time and has been proven to eat up your normal usages at sporadic times. Then there's the inconsistent meter freezing and having to unplug and plug your damn modem in multiple times to fix DNS/DHCP issues, which ViaSat claims says is fixed..

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10

As I expected the only change at Wildblue is the name. They could have done far better with Viasat-1, but chose to play the same old game with satellite Internet. I doubt I will ever switch from Wildblue Value Pack to Exede-5

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to TexasRebel

said by TexasRebel:

the supposed written threats that i posted on their communist moderated forum. Any threats I made were not meant to be personal or taken seriously.

What you meant and how it was taken are two different things.

Based alone on your wording above, I suspect it would be easy to perceive what you posted to be threatening.
Expand your moderator at work

Turbo565

join:2012-10-14
Evanston, IN
reply to TexasRebel

Re: [Exede] Easy way to end ViaSat service!!

This is hilarious. The sales guy promised me Exede would be faster than DSL. NOT! And constant down time. You get to use the internet at times when it will connect. I called customer service three times in the first week. I told them to get there crap out of my house and terminate my contract. They said that I would be charged for the remainder of my contract because it had been a week. I called the company that sold me the system and they said it was up to Wildblue. I then reported the install/sales company to the BBB. Waited a week and called Wildblue and this time they ablidged and waived my contract. I read some reveiws after getting the service and found out about the company claiming some folks either left equipment out, or they never received the equipment and then took money out of there bank accounts. I changed my bank account. Better than dial up but far from DSL. BTW, it took ten days to receive the box they sent and they give you 20 days from termination of service for you to send the junk back or they raid your account for 300 bucks.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by Turbo565:

This is hilarious. The sales guy promised me Exede would be faster than DSL.

First/Second generation DSL...with latency around 300ms

DrStrangLov

reply to Turbo565

said by Turbo565:

The sales guy promised me Exede would be faster than DSL.

PS: It depends upon what one is doing...slower DSL sucks on larger file transfers, for instance.

Turbo565

join:2012-10-14
Evanston, IN

Well, I would have never found out how fast Viasat was due to the fact it would not stay connected long enough to transfer anything, but somehow managed to stay connected long enough for me to use 70% of my usage in two days? Hello! My son was trying to game with it.......

DrStrangLov

said by Turbo565:

stay connected long enough for me to use 70% of my usage in two days? Hello!

Watching HD Video can do that, real quick.

When going to video sites, they can "upgrade" users with fast connections to HD quality.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

1 edit

that's just it.. You watch the marketing videos or audio commerciais from ViaSat/Exede or even Hughesnet and they claim you can do all this stuff that most dsl or cable subscribers only had the benefit of doing to lure in their customers, then they screw their customers with extremely low DAPs.

Both providers have more than enough bandwidth to let the customers enjoy their new found speeds by satellite and let them use it as they wish without having to worry about how much data they are consuming.

Do away with data capping and use QoS measures to balance out the bandwidth during prime time if congestion is detected.

When their satellites reach 85% capacity, then put up another one. These corporations have money..Pobably enough off the books to build and deploy 2 more high bandwidth satellites each..

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to TexasRebel

said by TexasRebel:

that's just it.. You watch the marketing videos or audio commerciais from ViaSat/Exede or even Hughesnet and they claim you can do all this stuff that most dsl or cable subscribers only had the benefit of doing to lure in their customers, then they screw their customers with extremely low DAPs.

Both providers have more than enough bandwidth to let the customers enjoy their new found speeds by satellite and let them use it as they wish without having to worry about how much data they are consuming.

Do away with data capping and use QoS measures to balance out the bandwidth during prime time if congestion is detected.

When their satellites reach 85% capacity, then put up another one. These corporations have money..Pobably enough off the books to build and deploy 2 more high bandwidth satellites each..

Viasat does have plan to put 2 more sats up. Hughes does not appear to plan on putting more sats up in the US in the next few years.

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA

said by silbaco:

Viasat does have plan to put 2 more sats up. Hughes does not appear to plan on putting more sats up in the US in the next few years.

As you probably know Hughes is now owned by Echostar who has a huge fleet of satellites with more being built and launched all the time. No telling what might happen but it probably will be a couple of years before they need another one anyway.

DrStrangLov

reply to silbaco

said by silbaco:

In one trade rag, months ago, Hughes had indicated they would be getting another satellite, as a backup.

But with the Loral-ViaSat lawsuit, and since Loral built EchoStar 17 (Jupiter), I would wonder if Hughes-Loral would build another ViaSat cloned-bird, from a legal perspective...if ViaSat's claims are legit.

Fri, 1 June, 2012

"ViaSat says SS/L, guided by Loral, used ViaSat-owned intellectual property to win other satellite contracts, in particular a contract with ViaSat’s direct competitor, Hughes Network Systems. Hughes’ ViaSat-1 lookalike, formerly named Jupiter and now named EchoStar 17, is scheduled for launch this summer. "

»spacenews.com/satellite_telecom/···ent.html

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

Oh comon!! ViaSat intellectual property?!? the LS1300 is platform that's been around for quite some time and only built by SSL. I believe for almost 20 years. All it is, is a very large two-way radio in space with full duplexing. The Sirius/XM sats are built on the same platform.

How about ViaSat build their own satellite in their own facility and give a unique model number and then if HN launches a satellite that looks exactly like it down to the batteries and solar panels then they might have a case.

Why don't they do something innovative and take the same payload and send it aloft on one of those military grade airships and park a dozen or so of them over CONUS and have them run on solar and GPS to maintain a set location.. Talk about coverage and low latency!!

These corporations are all sue happy lately, just like with Apple and Samsung. Anyone with a brain can see that Samsung phones look nothing like iPhones and the run on a completely different OS.

albionfog

@184.20.131.x
reply to Turbo565

Exede is fantastic for me! It is faster then DSL when downloading. I had the highest DSL from At&T when I lived in town a few years ago and download speeds were around 700KB/s but on exede I get around 2MB/s. I left Hughesnet for exede a few months ago and it is way better. Very happy with it. Hughesnet Gen4 was not going to be covered in my area. The only problems I have seen on exede is every once in awhile the connection goes down late at night during the free period. I am assuming they are doing maintenance or updates when that happens. But it isn't all the time and it only last 30-45mins usually then it is back up. It has never went down during the day. Also speeds never slow down very much. I get just as fast during the free period as I do in the day.

Anyways I don't know why others don't get good service but I couldn't be happier with it. It is the best satellite internet I have ever used. Love it!

silbaco
Premium
USA
reply to JSheridan

said by JSheridan:

said by silbaco:

As you probably know Hughes is now owned by Echostar who has a huge fleet of satellites with more being built and launched all the time. No telling what might happen but it probably will be a couple of years before they need another one anyway.

Good point. I often forget that Echostar and Hughes are one.

DrStrangLov

reply to TexasRebel

said by TexasRebel:

Oh comon!! ViaSat intellectual property?!? the LS1300 is platform that's been around for quite some time

Having some 140 Gbps total output is quite new...its about a 10X gain factor from previous birds.

More "bang for the buck," as they say, at a similar price per bird.

TexasRebel

Edgewood, TX

having more bandwidth on a satellite is pretty much just giving it more spectrum to transmit and receive at from what I gather.

Hypothetically, they could probably use the O or V spectrum bands and get even higher throughput. Ka bands use two spectrums in the 18Ghz and 30Ghz range.

silbaco
Premium
USA

said by TexasRebel:

having more bandwidth on a satellite is pretty much just giving it more spectrum to transmit and receive at from what I gather.

Hypothetically, they could probably use the O or V spectrum bands and get even higher throughput. Ka bands use two spectrums in the 18Ghz and 30Ghz range.

That's part of it. But making more efficient use of that spectrum is a big part as to why these satellite have so much more capacity than previous ones.