Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Happydude32

Re: [TWC] socal - channel changing after typing in # is slow

said by Happydude32:

I believe in most areas Time Warner uses MPEG 4 for the iNDemand sports season packages (NHL CI, NBA LP, MLB EI, MLS DK). I want to day both the SD and HD feeds of all the Team and Game channels are indeed MPEG 4.

I have not heard that TWC uses MPEG 4 at all. Where did you heard this? Last time there was a free preview of them they were in MPEG 2 in my region.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
"I have not heard that TWC uses MPEG 4 at all. Where did you heard this? Last time there was a free preview of them they were in MPEG 2 in my region."

The HD iNDemand channels are only available in MPEG 4. I believe ESPN 3d is MPEG 4 as well.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by hobgoblin:

"I have not heard that TWC uses MPEG 4 at all. Where did you heard this? Last time there was a free preview of them they were in MPEG 2 in my region."

The HD iNDemand channels are only available in MPEG 4. I believe ESPN 3d is MPEG 4 as well.

Hob

actually that varies by market. Only the markets with GAME 1-9 HD and TEAM 1-9 HD have the MPEG4 versions all of the other areas that have GAME HD and or GAME HD and GAME 2 HD as well as TEAM HD are MPEG2. But ESPN 3D is MPEG4 nationwide and to be able to have ESPN 3D on your system you need to have digital simulcast with a DCX motorola box, Samsung 3260/3270 or higher, Cisco 4640HDC/8640HDC or higher.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
Thanks for the clarification, I guess that was what I meant.

Hob

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to jig
Ah. We only have Game 1 and 2 in HD. So I guess that's why they're still MPEG 2. I'm glad to hear that they are using MPEG 4, even if it is limited. Hopefully they will start rolling out more MPEG 4.