Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to navyson

Re: FIOS internet - how much faster can FIOS get?

Im all for FIOS getting faster but lets be honest 98% of customers will not care....The key for the majority of users will be streaming of HD media which atm uses around 3-5mb/sec. Of course factor in 2-3 kids and u have the ultimate streaming usage of a typical family around 6-9 mb/sec...... True , google it

rebus9

join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to Mahalo

said by Mahalo:

VZ already has a plan for 500Mb for 2013 in the works.

Which, sadly, does those of us on BPON absolutely no good. I need to upgrade a business location from 35/35 to one of the Quantum tiers and am told nothing beyond 50/25 is available at that address.

Very frustrating. Just 1 mile down the road, another location is served from a different CO and has all tiers available.

serge87

join:2009-11-29
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by rebus9:

said by Mahalo:

Which, sadly, does those of us on BPON absolutely no good. I need to upgrade a business location from 35/35 to one of the Quantum tiers and am told nothing beyond 50/25 is available at that address.

Very frustrating. Just 1 mile down the road, another location is served from a different CO and has all tiers available.

Unfortunately that is not a fault of Verizon's. Although new builds are GPON, those that started off with BPON will remain that way until enough new FIOS subscriptions cause it to meet its capacity, at which point you'll have GPON. I was on BPON since 2007 until I finally was put on GPON in late 2011, probably due to a huge boom in new housing developments in my area in the past two years.

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX
reply to rebus9

said by rebus9:

said by Mahalo:

When I was told that I just kept calling their business sales people back over and over until I got a sales rep who just crammed the order through. About 1.5 months later and waiting for Verizon to "upgrade" my neighborhood I was on a 150Mbps GPON plan. (Since downgraded to 75/35 due to crappy quantum pricing).

JackBauer

join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY
reply to serge87

said by Mahalo:

An inside person...not a field tech.

Hmm - perhaps I should hold off on moving to FIOS from TWC as long as possible so I can get 125/50 for the current price of 75/35.