quaker
Premium
join:2001-12-27
Rocky River, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to quaker

Re: better then duct tape

to update, windstream has came out to fix the install now its correctly mounted in my wiring closet. Mind you it took the tech 2 times to finally get it put in the wiring closet but its there now.

This was 1 of many 3Mb MPLS turn ups and the worst hardware install of them all. I have 2 more locations to go and my Columbus location is proving to be a pain in the butt in dealing with the (LEC) AT&T bringing in (7) T1's. They installed 4 of the 7 and then it dawns on them that they have to install repeaters to get the others installed. So far we have had about 7 AT&T tech's come to do a site survey.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Why 7 T1's?

for that cost I'd expect a T3 to be considered.

quaker
Premium
join:2001-12-27
Rocky River, OH
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by DarkLogix:

Why 7 T1's?

for that cost I'd expect a T3 to be considered.

Because of the build out that would have to be done. I was trying to go for fiber to the the building because i'm not a fan of that many bonded T's. The cost was the determining factor. If i remember correctly it was ~2 grand a month difference. I guess Windstream just signed a contract with AT&T for fiber build out were those T's are being installed at so its only a matter of time before i convert those T1's over to fiber.

AT&T owns pretty much all of the last mile everywhere in ohio except a few locations. So getting them to update there dated copper lines usually never happens unless you pay the inflated rate.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to DarkLogix
8 T1s is much cheaper than a DS3/T3 by at least half the price. In most places you can get 8 T1s in a couple of weeks where it would be months for a DS3 or T3. Even a Metro E product will take around 90 days to install.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.