spc
Search similar:

uniqs

linda1021
@bellsouth.net

linda1021

Anon

At & t DSL connection loss ONLY in evening

Im losing my DSL connection sporatically in the evening hours only. Great connection in the daytime and after 9pm. It interrupts every minute. I get 30-45 sec of DSL and then loss of connection. I was on the phone with them for hours and they claim there is alot of static on the line. Understand if all the time, not just a block of time in the evening. Anyone having the same issue and was there a resolve?
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Do you have POTS(Plain Old Telephone Service) with them also? Can you hear the static during a voice call? If so, call in a trouble ticket for bad voice service. You might solve two problems at the same time. The DSL portion of your service may not be regulated, but I would bet that the POTS service is. That gives you some leverage. Complaints about bad POTS service to a Public Utility Board or Public Service Commission can generate an inquiry that AT&T does not want to deal with repeatedly. They can suddenly get determined to fix the problem.

Another solution is to put in a UPS electrical device to run stable clean electricity to the gateway or modem and router.

linda1021
@bellsouth.net

linda1021

Anon

Thank you for you reply. I have no phone service with them but my ethernet connection IS through a phone jack. Could you go into further detail about the UPS device. Im not familiar with that.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

»www.bestbuy.com/site/APC ··· p=1&lp=1

»www.apc.com/products/res ··· atts=200

The devices can reduce some of the the impact of voltage surges/sags or amperage surges/sags on electronic equipment.

In your situation I think it will have only a slight positive effect. Your problem seems to be in the actual line leading to the house or a line in the house. The situation may be temperature related. At a certain time of day phone lines leading to the house or some equipment is at just the right temperature to create a static situation causing DSL problems.

Just to be clear. You are saying the problem occurs between sunset and 9:00PM? Outside of that time, the DSL works fine?

linda1021
@bellsouth.net

linda1021

Anon

Yes, service is fine until around 7 and lasts til 9, last night was after 10pm and has just recently been an issue. I have had the same service for almost 2 yrs and the problem has started in the last week. It actually appears that AT&T has a system overload or something. Problems are around the busiest times. My belief is that were it my line I would have issues all the time.
Thank you for the information on the UPS device.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

When this problem occurs do you see the DSL light on the gateway or modem turn from green to red? If that is not occurring, would you be willing to set up an automatic speed test to get more details? Your service may not be disconnecting completely, it may just be really slow.

»www.ispgeeks.com/wild/

»testmy.net/ipb/index.php ··· register

»testmy.net/auto
Set for combined, express, every 10 minutes, 30 times. That should give you 300 minutes(5 hours) of testing.For example Start at 5:00PM or 5:30PM. End at 11:00PM or 11:30PM.

linda1021
@bellsouth.net

linda1021

Anon

Yes, the DSL light goes red. The internet light goes out. No light at all. It takes about 20 seconds and it goes back to green. So Im about sure that it is completely disconnecting. I get a message saying it cannot find the DSL server at this time, with options to reboot the system, which I have and it has no effect on the problem.
w4ncr8
join:2000-10-27

w4ncr8

You have a line issue if you are losing sync
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to linda1021

to linda1021
what brand and model modem do you have?

can you get some stats before and after the connection loss and post it here?

get stats say around 6pm and get it again right after you re-gain connection...

also, try to register here so you can post pics of how it's connected on the inside and how your NID looks on the outside...
toolate3
join:2009-07-01
Cary, NC

toolate3

Linda,
I am in the vicinity of Raleigh,NC. I have been having the same symptoms for several weeks. The green internet light turns red and I get the diagnostic screen. I think the dsl light has gone off as well. It usually only stays off for, as you said, a few seconds (less than a minute usually), then back on.
I did reboot everything. Problem continued.
I called AT&T service a couple of weeks ago. They said that they checked the line and there was no problem on THEIR side which is what some of the "knowers" on this site say that they are scripted to always say. It is never their problem.
Anyway, it just happened again a few minutes ago, then I read your post.
OneHeart
join:2002-02-20

OneHeart

For me, my modem was [going] bad. Replaced it and now it's all good.