share rss forum feed

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

[INFO] Academi Training Center - Salem, CT 10/9/2012

There isn't much in eastern CT for folks wanting to be active in firearms without spending a lot of cash up front to join a Rod & Gun club, until now.

Academi Training Center, formerly Blackwater/Xe, is the leading private security contractor for the US Government. On Oct 9th, at their Salem CT site, they will be sponsoring a free to the public 'Intro to IDPA' (International Defensive Pistol Association) from 6pm - 10pm. It will be taught by Mike Critser, Dave Galante of Colt and Tom Yost of Smith & Wesson.
»www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/10/0···onn.aspx

Pre-registration is not required and those interested in getting started in IDPA competition are encouraged to attend. The seminar will include both classroom time and range time. Participants will need the following gear:
- Handgun
- Holster
- 3 Magazines (total), or speedloaders for a revolver
- Magazine or speedloader pouches
- Approximately 100 rounds of ammunition
- Concealment garment (such as a vest)
- Eye protection, hearing protection and a hat

For more information on ACADEMI’s ‘Intro to IDPA’ seminar, contact Chris Fleming at cfleming@academi.com or call 252-435-2050. ACADEMI’s facility is located at 79 New London Road, Salem, Conn. 06420
»www.idpa.com/blog/post/2012/10/0···onn.aspx

And on top of this, there isn't a public pay range close by, unless you think Hoffman's or Chris' range is. And Academi is cheaper ($20 per hour rather than $35 per hour at Hoffman's/Chris').

»www.facebook.com/academielite

Academi posts their Salem schedule a couple of days before the next month on their facebook page. See picture below for Oct.

ACADEMI Northeast is open to the Public!

79 New London Rd
Salem, CT 06420
Pro-Shop 252-435-2050
RSO 252-435-0068
Open Enrollment 252-435-0221
email for questions, range information or training schedules: northeast@academi.com
Our Public Range offers a heated 12 Lane Indoor 25 yard Range
- $20 per hour
- Rated for calibers up to .223
- Valid Pistol Permit required for pistol carry and/or use on Property
- Brass cased ammo only
- All customers will be required to sign a Release of Liabiliy, Range Rules as well as other required documentation.
We are now offering NRA Basic Pistol Safety Courses (required for CT pistol carry permit)-you can find the upcoming dates on our posted schedule.

--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." – Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Wow - that's a helluvan offering. I didn't know Blackwater had a place 'round here.

What does "- Rated for calibers up to .223" mean?

No calibers larger than that allowed, or something else?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

1 edit

Not sure. I would think that 9mm/.40/.45 would be acceptable on the range as well. I know that I won't be able to make it over there for the class. I do plan on getting more info about the place. If it is the place I remember from 10+ years ago, it was a local gun store with the indoor range in the basement.
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." – Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

allen

@sbcglobal.net

means RIFLE ammo up to .223, (or .566) is acceptable. They allow handguns at least up to .45 (including .357 magnum). I don't know about .454 or .500.

Expand your moderator at work