scooby
Premium Member
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL

1 edit

scooby

Premium Member

[Business] SMC 8014 power supply

I need to turn in my SMC 8014 and I have no clue what the power supply looks like. Could someone take a picture or describe the markings on it?

Thanks,
Scooby

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr

Anon

Re: [Business] SMC 8004 power supply

The SMC box should list the DC power requirements, in volts and amperage, find one that matches that and fits in the hole and that's it, there is not ONE single brand they buy whatever is cheaper at the time like everyone else. Some have the power pack at the plug others in the middle of the line. Some may have a replacement pack Comcast bought from a third party.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad to scooby

MVM

to scooby
Click for full size
SMC 8004 with PS
I found this picture of an SMC 8004 modem with the power supply on eBay, hope it helps.

EDIT: Also, according to the Installation Guide for it (»www.smc.com/files/AW/MN_ ··· 04CM.pdf), the power supply is rated 12VDC at 1.25 Amps.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to scooby

Premium Member

to scooby

Re: [Business] SMC 8014 power supply

said by scooby:

I need to turn in my SMC 8014 and I have no clue what the power supply looks like. Could someone take a picture or describe the markings on it?

Thanks,
Scooby

Guess that you don't have the current one that works for it ?

jack b
Gone Fishing
MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod

jack b to telcodad

MVM

to telcodad

Re: [Business] SMC 8004 power supply

It looks like Zoom is building modems for SMC

»www.staples.com/Zoom-534 ··· D=324880

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by jack b:

It looks like Zoom is building modems for SMC

»www.staples.com/Zoom-534 ··· D=324880

OTOH, with a product description of "Two-in-one USB speaker system for laptops and netbooks" I'm not sure I would trust anything I saw on that page.

What it probably means is that Foxconn (or some other Chinese vendor) is making cable modems for both SMC and Zoom.

scooby
Premium Member
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL

scooby to flwpwr

Premium Member

to flwpwr
said by flwpwr :

The SMC box should list the DC power requirements, in volts and amperage, find one that matches that and fits in the hole and that's it, there is not ONE single brand they buy whatever is cheaper at the time like everyone else. Some have the power pack at the plug others in the middle of the line. Some may have a replacement pack Comcast bought from a third party.

Thanks. I think i found it. I found a picture on Ebay that showed the label from the p.s.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to scooby

Premium Member

to scooby

Re: [Business] SMC 8014 power supply

PS: People turn in modems with the wrong power supply all the time. The person at the counter won't care. Just that there is something with it.

HTH.