All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W to Dagnabit

to Dagnabit

Re: MLB Network (No Tiger Game Sunday?)

Be pissed at MLB if you want, but it's been plainly obvious for years that WOW doesn't care about sports fans. WOW is the only major cable provider without NFL Network, for instance.
Dagnabit
join:2007-02-17
Warren, MI

Dagnabit

I'm pissed at WOW AND MLB.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI

MVM

No one's as pissed as I am. But WOW is a minor blame in this fiasco.

I want to understand every scumbag deal by these broadcasters but they hide behind press releases and bullshit. I'm sensing the blame is largely on TBS for somehow not getting 2 playoff games. How did this happen? Ha!!!... just try to find out. Anyone?

And be aware this crap may occur again on Wed the 10th, the OTHER day TBS covers only 3 of 4 games. Schedules, so far, are idiotically confusing.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to Jeremy W

to Jeremy W
said by Jeremy W:

WOW is the only major cable provider without NFL Network, for instance.

I'm not sure how much it relates to the NFL Network (or MLB Network) issue and we are all subscribers so we are biased but I don't think WOW is considered a "major cable provider".

They've certainly made inroads, mostly through aquisitions, but they are still regional and not national. Being national would go a long way to being "major".

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI

MVM

said by Bill_MI:

And be aware this crap may occur again on Wed the 10th, the OTHER day TBS covers only 3 of 4 games. Schedules, so far, are idiotically confusing.

An update about Wednesday. It looks like St. Louis / Washington fans get the same screwing with not-as-available MLBN we got here on Sunday.

Schedule: »mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule ··· jsp?y=12

At the 50,000 foot view, it just looks like the classic big guys trying to squeeze the little guys. Nothing more.