spc
uniqs

PublicServ
@rr.com

PublicServ to shawnunder7

Anon

to shawnunder7

Re: [TWC] New Modem Lease Fee NYC

Acutally the procedure is pretty miserable. Clearly designed to discourage the use of your own equipment. I wasted about 35 minutes on chat wanted to tell them my new modem serial number and mac address. They kept transfering me until someone said I had to call customer service to do that. I call customer service and get a moron who says she can take the information and that in three days it should start working and the old modem (their modem) will stop working. I asked what happens if i am not home to switch the equipment and she first said nothing, and then said the old one will stop working, and then said they would both be working... in other words she had no idea what she was talking about. I asked to speak to a supervisor and now the call is over 40 mins and I am on hold. How dare they only give me ten dats notice, make me run out and buy a modem, and then stonewall the migration process. if they give your ten days notice before they start to charge you but take three days to activate a new modem then they effectively are only giving you 7 days notice before they start to charge you. I think they are criminals that are just want to rape their customers. it is one thing to do this will ample notice, or just do it for new customers, but to rape existing customers with very little notice is just criminal. i will be reporting to the new york state attorney general and hopefully they will do something about it.
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

hchen42

said by PublicServ :

Acutally the procedure is pretty miserable. ... if they give your ten days notice before they start to charge you but take three days to activate a new modem then they effectively are only giving you 7 days notice before they start to charge you. I think they are criminals that are just want to rape their customers. it is one thing to do this will ample notice, or just do it for new customers, but to rape existing customers with very little notice is just criminal. i will be reporting to the new york state attorney general and hopefully they will do something about it.

Yup, should have called tier 3 support. I have another thread titled NEW YORK Modem activation. When I first called, I was told by two tier 1, 2 supports who claim the modem would be activated that night (10/3). After 60 minutes of wait for a advanced support (tier 3), he told me it'll take 3 days. However, turnaround for me was 21 hours. I agree with you this is very short notice. I too will file a compaint to NY attorney general.