All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
handsomektim
join:2012-10-05

handsomektim to Hayward0

to Hayward0

Re: plz help for my S3,insufficient storage availableta ver much

Thx in bundle ,I have 8g space as ext card and internal memory and the version is 4.0.1 .I simply updated the Google
map,but still wasn't able to.
I figured out how to deal with the app2 and some apps can not be moved.all in all ,I have enough storage to install it which is all of the apps.,however,there was showing up *insufficient storage available*,when I virtually download or update .

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

4 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

Well I am surprised that is happening under ICS which has very dynamic memory management.

Very common under 2.x with its fixed APP partition area especially phones with 1GB or under internal mem. (Also especially if you take/DL a lot of photo/videos and don't move to SD/offload them.) That storage defaults to internal storage and yet to find an app (or as of ICS the OS) that lets you change that. Different folder but not different card.

But you haven't really answered the question, of not how much installed memmory you have, but if you go into settings under storage, how much AVAILABLE memory is on each card??

PS Maps is pretty huge, and you need basically TWICE its space to install. As first you down load the APK file and then install the same amount, before the APK file is deleted after successful install.

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976

Try to remove app and reinstall. If you have had the phone less than 2 weeks i'd say exchange. Might be defective!

@l3x