Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Kaltes

Re: Guild Wars 2 WvW is lame

That really does sound like you moving to each FOTM and then quitting when your character who could 1v5 was nerfed.

Pick the class you love and just play it. Stop going for the FOTM.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Kaltes
Premium
join:2002-12-04
Los Angeles, CA

said by Krisnatharok:

That really does sound like you moving to each FOTM and then quitting when your character who could 1v5 was nerfed.

Pick the class you love and just play it. Stop going for the FOTM.

That is pretty retarded since I picked classes and specs that were actually the least-played. BM Hunter and Aff lock were the two least played specs for those classes in level 70/80 pvp.

I liked hunter because I liked BM. However BM was not viable later on, and was completely incapable of killing certain matchups, so I had to switch to my warlock alt as my new main, and he was my main for BC. I would have been happy to stay with BM hunter, but blizzard have me a choice between switching spec/class or consistently losing. BM was never a FotM and was never OP. It was popular for a very brief time when the BM tree was fleshed out earlier than the other 2 trees, but once the Marks tree had been updated all the hunters went Marks and Marks remained the dominant Hunter spec throughout the entire game's life cycle.

Affliction warlock was never a FOTM. It was a balanced class which was capable, with skill, of holding its own in any given matchup. Demonology and Destro were always more popular than Aff, which Destro being consistently the dominant spec.

When I finally picked Paladin, I did so purely because it was the 'safest' class to pick because Blizzard favored the class. It was never nerfed. Just because I said that I left after the pre-cata patch does not mean it was because of a nerf.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by Kaltes:

Just because I said that I left after the pre-cata patch does not mean it was because of a nerf.

Uh huh.

said by Kaltes:

I owned everyone in the face. As a paladin, I would sometimes even go 3, 4, or 5 vs 1 and WIN. It was just stupid. I was prot spec. I would throw my shield and hit 3 targets for big damage and a snare. I would aoe on my normal attacks. I would self-heal CONSTANTLY for huge amounts thanks to a completely OP trait.

But then the pre-cata patch came out and radically changed balance, so I quit and never returned

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to Kaltes

said by Kaltes:

That is pretty retarded since I picked classes and specs that were actually the least-played. BM Hunter and Aff lock were the two least played specs for those classes in level 70/80 pvp.

I liked hunter because I liked BM. However BM was not viable later on, and was completely incapable of killing certain matchups, so I had to switch to my warlock alt as my new main, and he was my main for BC. I would have been happy to stay with BM hunter, but blizzard have me a choice between switching spec/class or consistently losing. BM was never a FotM and was never OP. It was popular for a very brief time when the BM tree was fleshed out earlier than the other 2 trees, but once the Marks tree had been updated all the hunters went Marks and Marks remained the dominant Hunter spec throughout the entire game's life cycle.

Affliction warlock was never a FOTM. It was a balanced class which was capable, with skill, of holding its own in any given matchup. Demonology and Destro were always more popular than Aff, which Destro being consistently the dominant spec.

When I finally picked Paladin, I did so purely because it was the 'safest' class to pick because Blizzard favored the class. It was never nerfed. Just because I said that I left after the pre-cata patch does not mean it was because of a nerf.

Im not sure we were playing the same versions of WoW. My personal favorite breed of Hunter was always Marksman. I recall when Beastmaster took over as the top talent tree... and it wasnt just for a few months. It was for a good while. I know this because I never switched to BM despite everyone requesting I do so. I forget how it came about. Possible nerf and/or expansion, but BM eventually became the WORST spec to have. But it wasnt MM that took over. it was Survival. And it had a huge lead over MM, which had a good sized lead over BM.

When I first read your original post of you jumping from class to class... I thought the very same thing. FOTM. To say you werent doing it is just silly. The idea behind picking up the Paly just to avoid being nerfed, knowing how OP Palys always were just further proves that you did in fact FOTH hop.