join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR
Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

1 edit

julesism to Joe Siegler

to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Are we sure there are no SDV issues? I was out of state all week. I came home yesterday evening to find that my tuning adapter will not initialize. I called the cablecard support line and they suggest swapping it out at a local office.

*update 4:45pm*
It's happy now. I didn't touch anything. Happy I don't have to swap anything out and can watch the footie.

MeInDallas
join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I was having the same problem, tuning adapters were flashing like crazy. All of a sudden everything started working again and no issues since.
mattbta
join:2001-08-26
Frisco, TX

mattbta

Wowza. Just watched three reboots and now have no guide. I guess they're upgrading? Will wait and see if it fully downloads. Twc in Frisco 75034 on signature with dcx 3400m's

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by mattbta:

Wowza. Just watched three reboots and now have no guide. I guess they're upgrading? Will wait and see if it fully downloads. Twc in Frisco 75034 on signature with dcx 3400m's

yes it is the upgrade to 5.2.0.9 Navigator!
mattbta
Frisco, TX

mattbta

said by motorola870:

said by mattbta:

Just got up and booted. Looks slick and very responsive. Will continue to test.
mattbta

mattbta

said by mattbta:

said by motorola870:

said by mattbta:

Just got up and booted. Looks slick and very responsive. Will continue to test.

Seems even the tuner is quicker.
mattbta

mattbta

I think my systems are hosed. Lost the tuners then flipped to a recorded show and now another reboot. We'll see in the AM.

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo

Anon

Here in Los Angeles, our Motorola DCX3510 running Navigator got the ODN 5.2.0_9 update on Monday morning. It was not a.smooth upgrade and the box kept rebooting over and over. I pulled the plug twice and waited a minute each time and the problem persisted. I called customer service who reset the box and it still was rebooting. I noticed all my recordings and previous settings were intact and had a hunch there was a conflict.

I found the Motorola box wiki page, followed the instructions for a hard drive reset, the box cleared itself, redownloaded the software and since then the box is running great. This is just a tip for anyone who has complications after the update.

v1nce
@rr.com

v1nce

Anon

I've had to power off and power on my DCX3510 and DCX3200-M boxes here in Texas after Time Warners botched upgrade. The DCX3510 still reboots while the 3200 is fine. I want to save my programming on the 3510 anyone know a way to do this?

Called Time Warner they're having issues with these boxes all over the state, it seems their upgrade is causing many issues with both boxes.

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo

Anon

I spoke too soon. After 8 hours of perfect operation on the 3510, the picture froze up and a reboot was necessary. Thankfully we have a trusty DCX3400 running iGuide as our other DVR.

Hopefully Time Warner fixes this mess ASAP because this is unacceptable.

v1nce
@rr.com

v1nce

Anon

Good luck, seems the update messed with our DCX3510s in Texas and TWC is not up to understanding what went wrong and how to fix it.

First, I was told when I called that the update messed w/certain Mortorola boxes and if yours report it needs to swapped out with one that doesn't. I was told to save my programming they could xfer the hard drive contents from my 3510 to another.

The second time I called, I was told there is no signal and that's what the problem is. I didn't believe them on that one, everything was fine prior to this botched update but accepted for a tech to come out - SATURDAY was the best thing they could do. Ridiculous. Also they told me there's no way their center or tech could transfer all my programming from one box to another.

If they have to swap my unit out this will be the 4th time in 6 mos with multiple TWC DVRs that I've lost all programming on making the DVR service and cost of box worthless.

If anyone is experiencing problems w/their 3510s, please let us know how they're telling you what the problem is and how they'll fix it.

As it stands, I know the tech will say my signal's good (signal does not cause a reboot continuously) and want to swap my box for another and on to more problems we go.

I'm getting my $$ back I paid for this DVR service box.

Vertigo
@rr.com

Vertigo

Anon

I'm inclined to believe the problem is the way the new Navigator interacts with Motorola boxes. EVERY single review of the DCX3510 I've seen with the new firmware is reporting a freezing/reboot problem. The update occurred Monday morning here and required 2 hard reboots to even get the DVR and VOD functions to work. The freeze ups seem to be occuring after 7 PM which leads me to believe Time Warner may be sending some follow up tweaks.

Tech support said there were known issues with Motorolas but that they were resolved within 48 hours of the update...we shall see.

The iGuide may be ugly and outdated but it just works. For those of you with DCX3400's, hold onto them.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Vertigo :

I'm inclined to believe the problem is the way the new Navigator interacts with Motorola boxes. EVERY single review of the DCX3510 I've seen with the new firmware is reporting a freezing/reboot problem. The update occurred Monday morning here and required 2 hard reboots to even get the DVR and VOD functions to work. The freeze ups seem to be occuring after 7 PM which leads me to believe Time Warner may be sending some follow up tweaks.

Tech support said there were known issues with Motorolas but that they were resolved within 48 hours of the update...we shall see.

The iGuide may be ugly and outdated but it just works. For those of you with DCX3400's, hold onto them.

If I am not mistaken there were some issues in San Diego on Cisco and Samsung boxes with this exact same issue and they were fixed about 48 hours later.
GuyinLACA
join:2010-12-11
Arcadia, CA

GuyinLACA

I'm having this problem with the DC3510 now:

A message comes up on the screen "CableCard not authenticated; Must restart now". The box reboots, then every channel shows a gray screen with "Channel not authenticated, please call customer service"

Pulling the plug continually fixes the problem temporarily, but randomly 8-12 hours later the problem starts up again. The latest customer service rep swears she fixed it, but let's see.

Does this sound familiar?
mattbta
Frisco, TX

mattbta

Anyone else noticing recorded shows are not recording in Dolby Digital? Anything live encodes/decodes fine but all of my recordings are not in DD when the broadcast is.

This is the only problem I'm having, but I'm an audiophile so this perturbs me.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Did all of the DCX3400M and DCX3510M boxes issues fix themselves?

Vertigo
@myvzw.com

Vertigo

Anon

The box reboot problem is still occurring once per day on my DCX3510. Given the cable card errors showing on the screen, I had Time Warner reauthorize the cable card inside the box and that didn't fix it. I'm debating whether to get another DCX3510 or try to go back to a DCX3400 with iGuide. I love the 3510 for its small size, quiet operation, remote DVR access, and more modern interface but daily reboots are unacceptable.

Are the problems fixed for anyone else on here?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

Do the Navigator boxes in North Texas (DCX3200M, DCX3400M, DCX3510) still have the HD VOD title channels on 713-722? I was wondering because TWC is planning on adding 10 HD channels in the Midwest systems that might come to Texas and we need to have room to add them so I was wondering if those channels are still being used on the Navigator boxes? I know the iGuide boxes have 713-722 empty with nothing on them.
Gemutlich
join:2012-06-14

Gemutlich

Yes, on the 3510-M those channels have HD Movie on Demand.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Gemutlich:

Yes, those channels have HD Movie on Demand.

I am wondering if they will be removed soon? because TWC has about 10 HD channels that I am thinking will hit Dallas soon but probably not until late december or early January!

These might be coming soon to TWC in the Dallas area they have been announced for other systems in the midwest and lately texas and the midwest have been getting the same channel adds around th same time:
Fight Now HD
World Fishing Network HD
One World Sports HD
Universal Sports Net HD
PAC12 LA HD
PAC12 Mountain HD
PAC12 Arizona HD
PAC12 Bay Area HD
PAC12 Oregon HD
PAC12 Washington HD
HRTV
TV Games
BBC World News
bwillcox
join:2010-09-14
Lewisville, TX

bwillcox

Anyone else's tuning adapters been screwing up recently?
My TA has been blinking yellow since sometime Sunday in 75067 zipcode.

Diag screens show it seems to have IPs on the network and has upstream and downstream channels locked but can't initialize, even after multiple TiVo and tuning adapter power cycles.

-b-

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by bwillcox:

Anyone else's tuning adapters been screwing up recently?
My TA has been blinking yellow since sometime Sunday in 75067 zipcode.

Diag screens show it seems to have IPs on the network and has upstream and downstream channels locked but can't initialize, even after multiple TiVo and tuning adapter power cycles.

-b-

Did you call the cable card hotline and tell them to send signals to it? I've had that happen before and they can send signals to it and try to initialize it on their end.
Dave_DFW
join:2008-02-12
Richardson, TX

Dave_DFW

My TA was blinking last night for an extended amount of time. When it came back online, I saw the firmware had been updated to 1.37. I don't remember the previous version, but it showed a 2009 build date.

Were they doing an update across the metroplex, or is my area special?

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

said by Dave_DFW:

My TA was blinking last night for an extended amount of time. When it came back online, I saw the firmware had been updated to 1.37. I don't remember the previous version, but it showed a 2009 build date.

Were they doing an update across the metroplex, or is my area special?

Yep mine did as well. I think the previous version was 1.35, and I got it on 3 tuning adapters. One of them kept blinking and finally I had to pull the plug for a bit and then it synced back up.
chris_dfw
join:2001-07-18
Dallas, TX

chris_dfw

I rebooted Friday and got the update. You guys do know what they update gets us? ... We can now resolve 6 channels with one TA and cable card.

MeInDallas
Dallas, TX

MeInDallas

I noticed on my Ceton diagnostic screen it said something about "6 channels" now that wasnt there before

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

come 1-22-13 we will be able to use true DTA's!

Digital Adapters

Starting on or about December 19th, designated channels will be delivered in digital format only. This will not affect any TVs you currently have connected to a digital set-top box. If you want to view these channels on additional direct-connect analog TVs and similar devices, you may request a Digital Adapter free of charge through November 2013. After that time, each adapter will cost 99 cents a month.

Important Note: You will receive the adapters within a week of the date in the table. Adapters should be connected on or after the dates below. Connecting adapters before this date will make some channels unviewable. Please refer to the chart below to find the Connect Date for your area. You can set up your adapters any time from that day on without any loss of picture.

Location Date
Kansas City, KS and surrounding areas 10/23/12
Wisconsin and surrounding areas 12/5/12
Austin, TX 12/19/12
Waco, TX 12/19/12
Dallas, TX 01/22/13
Wichita Falls, TX 01/22/13
El Paso, TX 01/29/13
Fredericksburg, TX 01/29/13
San Antonio, TX 01/29/13

Digital Adapter Easy Setup Guide

Digital Adaptor Image

Download this guide for setup and activation instructions

Download instructions for the Digital Adapter remote control

Technicolor

Guide Mascot Image

Download this guide for setup and activation instructions

Order Your Digital Adapter

Here's how to check each of your TVs: If you plug your cable line directly into a TV, then that TV needs a Digital Adapter.

You can order your Digital Adapter(s):

Online Ordering

»buy.timewarnercable.com/ ··· Name=DTA

Please note: Texas customers online ordering will be available for you starting 12/6 until then please call us at 1-855-286-1736

In Person

Sign in to your account

Visit Time Warner Cable Stores
Pick up the number of Adapter(s) you need

By Phone

Call 1-855-286-1736

Upgrade to Digital TV

Upgrade your service to Digital TV and enjoy the benefits of more than 200 channels, many in HD.

Install and Activate Your Digital Adapter

Connect to your TV

Activating your Adapter

Connect to your TV and VCR/DVD player

Did You Know
Related FAQs