Search similar:

uniqs

miakica
join:2009-11-10

miakica

[Mods] Custom and Fastory ROM question

OK, so I watched a lot of youtube, and I found a ROM I like for my Razr Maxx
It's a razrx_v1.0_signed_public

Question I have is, will I be able to restore my phone to a factory, just in case something happens down the road?
To have it in the Out of the box state...

Thanks

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

You might want to do a little more Googling

here's one hit »forum.xda-developers.com ··· =1392810

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to miakica

Premium Member

to miakica
Whatever Recovery you have installed, be it CWM or TWRP or something else, will have the option to make a backup. Make sure you create a backup before you attempt to change ROMs.

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee to miakica

Premium Member

to miakica
This one seems complicated for a newbie. Is it ROM specific or because it's a Moto Razor? If ROM specific you should try something less complicated even if you intend to move on. I have GNex so rooting may have been too easy.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike to miakica

Premium Member

to miakica
You could do a backup of your stock OS using an app called ROM Manager (if that phone is supported) but to be able to put a ROM on your phone and replace stock, you'll need to root it (that's giving yourself admin access to all the phones files) and when you do that it unlocks the boot loader..thus voiding your phones warranty.

You'll be able to go back to your stock ROM that you backed up with..but the warranty will be void and possibly you might not be able to return the phone to the carrier.

FailOverflow
join:2011-02-23
united state

FailOverflow to miakica

to miakica
I know for the Droid X they have .sbf files which can be flashed through the RSDLite program. The sbf file is leaked stock image which can be flashed in almost any circumstance.

There should be something similar to that for the Razr Maxx.